Senior Procurement Officer
Senior Procurement Officer required for Cwmbran based public services provider
As a Senior Procurement Officer you will manage contracts for goods and services whilst delivering a professional procurement service; you will implement innovative approaches to procurement and introduce new methods of delivery to achieve targeted savings and best value in procurement. Main activities include:
- To be responsible for procurement activities for non-pay spend under the guidance of the Head of Procurement complying with the requirements of the appropriate provisions of EU and UK Procurement and Best Value Legislation, The Manual of Governance, Purchasing Procedures and professional best practice.
- To actively deliver an objective and robust value for money challenge mechanism to user departments to support their requirements and maximise their spend capacity by providing procurement advice and guidance, ensuring that all appropriate market options and associated risks are considered and highlighted in sourcing decisions.
- To be responsible for developing, implementing contracts, and service level agreements for the procurement of goods and services
- To ensure that the contracting process is efficient and managed effectively, focuses on service outcomes and is underpinned by the principles of best value. In compliance with agreed deadlines and performance indicators.
- To produce, in a timely fashion, all documents necessary for the tender process, to include but not be limited to; prequalification documents, equality/diversity impact assessments, sustainability assessments, specifications/performance standards, data processing agreements and tender evaluation, together with the maintenance of complete and accurate records for each procurement process through to award of contract.
- To take responsibility, as delegated, for managing contract negotiations and reviewing contractual arrangements to deliver the most appropriate outcome
- To contribute and actively participate in framework agreements led by other public bodies; including attendance at working groups, customer focus groups and evaluation meetings.
- To produce accurate and timely contract award recommendation reports
- To be responsible for setting up and maintaining administrative contract management arrangements for high value, high risk contracts. Manage stakeholder engagement, and performance monitoring.
- To regularly review contract compliance through liaison, support and performance monitoring as a means of assisting providers maintain agreed standards
- To investigate and manage the implementation of improvements in the procurement process and supply chain management.
- To manage own workload effectively, efficiently and highlight any risks at the earliest opportunity to the Head of Procurement. Undertake any necessary training or development required to fulfil the duties of the post.
- To provide appropriate professional advice and guidance to departments & stakeholders with respect to procurement and contracting issues.
- To manage the register of contracts awarded and any approved supplier list.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Senior Procurement Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly