Senior Procurement Manager (IT)
This is a great opportunity to help drive a digital transformation project
Fixed Term Contract for 12 months minimum
Salary up to £60,000 plus benefits including excellent holiday entitlement, flexi hours and pension.
Your new role
This is a fantastic opportunity to drive the implementation of of a high profile, strategic programme for our public sector client.
You will be providing professional procurement support to help deliver its Digital Transformation programme.
The exciting programme aims to transform the organisations digital infrastructure across all major streams, and this role will lead the procurement strategies that support the implementation plans.
This role will report to the Director of Procurement but will work jointly with the Programme Director for Digital Transformation .
The role will include:
* Plan, execute the procurement strategy to support the implementation.
* Manage sourcing and tender activities - lead in tendering, negotiating and completion of contracts. Work with the budget holder to identify requirements and ensure that the compliance with statutory requirements are in place.
* Project management responsibilities - including formal reviews of requirements and provide strategic planning reports.
* Work with key stakeholders and decision makers to ensure that clear and robust plans are in place.
* Responsible for leading and managing Category Managers.
What you'll need to succeed
* Work experience in leading IT Digital programmes
* Ideally MCIPS qualified.
* Strong stakeholder skills.
* Change management skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Sound knowledge of project management processes and tools.
* Experience of procurement change programmes
* Strategic procurement and category planning in large, diverse organisations.
* Experience in leading IT transformation projects.
* EU procurement regulations