Procurement Specialist - SRM
Do you have the SRM experience to deliver in an interesting, challenging & exciting role where no day is ever the same, knowing that you are ultimately contributing to positively changing the life of UK citizens? If so then this is the opportunity for you.
Our client, the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) touches the lives of everyone in the UK in some shape or form, delivering services and support to help people find work, assist with a disability or provide support through their retirement. Their total spend across these services in 2016/17 was £173bn. These services are constantly evolving, taking advantage of new technologies or changes in ministerial priorities and policies. As a key part of this organisation, the Commercial Directorate (CD) shape how services are delivered across hundreds of third party contractual arrangements; with an annual procurement spend in the region of £3bn with some of the largest industry suppliers.
We are looking for talented, enthusiastic commercial professionals who are driven and dynamic individuals with a proactive manner and experience of building strong positive relationships. You will be able to identify problems and build creative solutions whilst ensuring commercially sound outcomes and recognising opportunities to improve our ways of working.
As Procurement Specialist/Commercial Practitioner – SRM, you will support a new Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) function where the core purpose is to secure delivery of contracted performance and to increase the value of the relationship(s) to the Department.
You will be responsible for:
• Support the SRM programme implementation, continuing to evolve the processes and collateral to successfully deliver the programme’s objectives.
• Maintain and update SRM databases specific to the Digital Category and maintain up to date project plans for the SRM programme.
• Engage with category management teams, internal stakeholders and suppliers, building effective working relationships; schedule and attend key SRM meetings, maintain action logs and ensure timely follow up / escalation of actions; and run workshops and training sessions.
• Manage internal communications, including input to newsletters, intranet content, and training materials.
• Support the professional and personal development of self and others, ensuring they are deployed in roles properly aligned to their skill sets and aspirations.
• Build a culture of continuous improvement with a view to delivering efficiencies, and provide high quality support to Ministerial, DWP corporate and CD senior leadership.
You will have:
• Familiarity with the concept of relationship management;
• Proven Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) experience;
• Strong interpersonal skills, and strong Microsoft Office skills;
• Hands-on involvement with delivering of business critical projects, involving the review and assessment of complex documentation (e.g. legal, contractual, terms of engagement, policy);
• Proven commercial acumen, able to assess the financial impacts of operational events and take the initiative in creating “value add” opportunities;
• Strong stakeholder management skills, with a proven ability to engage and influence others;
• Well-developed analytical, organisational and problem solving skills;
• Experience/knowledge of the relevant supplier markets;
• A strong grasp of supplier performance management issues;
• A thorough understanding of Public Contract Regulations 2015 and the ability to effectively and efficiently lead diverse category management teams;
• Experience/knowledge of the commercial lifecycle and proficient in the relevant legislation e.g. EU procurement Directives;
• Strong Leadership attributes and behaviours - quickly gains the respect of, and buy in from staff and stakeholders at all levels, collaborating and engaging with others in delivering change;
• Ability to work on their own, part of a formal team, and/or part of a virtual team across a range of locations and disciplines;
• Strong relationship management skills that extend across both supplier and customer organisations;
• Highly organised, able to effectively prioritise efficiently while supporting multiple stakeholders;
• Strong communication and presentation skills (written and oral).
• MCIPS or similar is desirable but not essential;
• Confirmed as demonstrating the necessary commercial skills (competencies) based on prior procurement & SRM experience.
What DWP can offer you:
• A modern working environment and inclusive place to work, the opportunity to work alongside like-minded supportive individuals sharing the same common goal.
• Opportunities for future career progression, across a wide variety of roles and opportunities for those seeking a long term fulfilling and varied career.
• Ability to build upon existing skills and capability through a wide variety of learning opportunities.
Closing Date for applications: 2nd May 2018
To register your interest in these opportunities please forward your full CV and Statement of Suitability to DWP’s retained recruitment partners GPA Procurement (UK) Ltd at firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
Please note that the personal statement should include the candidates view on their skills, summarising their key practical experience against the criteria set out in the advert.
To determine the final list of candidates for interview applications will be sifted on: Commercial Experience; Market Knowledge; Stakeholder Engagement / Team Working and Building Capability.
Successful candidates must pass a Disclosure and Barring Security Check.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.
Apply for Procurement Specialist - SRM
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Purchasing, supply (main) Public Sector Executive / Officer jobs in £30,000 - £39,999
- Buying Public Sector Executive / Officer jobs in £30,000 - £39,999
- Procurement Public Sector Executive / Officer jobs in £30,000 - £39,999
- Category management Public Sector Executive / Officer jobs in £30,000 - £39,999