Procurement And Logistics Manager
Procurement and Logistics experience required!
Your new company
I'm working for a futuristic company who are based in Oxfordshire. This ever growing company are looking to recruit a Procurement and Logistics Manager to provide a commercial arm to the business.
Your new role
Reporting to the Chief Finance Officer you will be fully responsible for the running and management of the Procurement Department including the training and supervision of the Materials Buyer.
- The management and continuous improvement of procurement policies and processes ensuring compliance at all times and promoting awareness throughout the company.
- Managing, sourcing and negotiating all raw material purchases (BOM and non-BOM) including fine chemicals and metals.
- Cost reduction/avoidance and continuity of supply.
- Managing bill of materials ($/kWh) cost information, updating the CFO on current and perceived long term variances according to market fluctuations.
- Sourcing new and often 'exotic' materials feeding back information to the technical team on cost, availability, SKU's, import processes etc.
- Liaison with Product Development and Production Departments to ascertain changes in BOM material amendments in quantity or material and assess the impact on overall BOM costs.
- Monitoring the management of capital expenditure commitments in accordance with pre-set budgets; feedback data to the Finance Department and CFO regarding anticipated impacts on cash flow.
- Management of capital equipment and high value purchases including commercial negotiations, co-ordination and preparation of their clients , RFQ's and specific terms and conditions e.g. liquidated damages whilst ensuring timely delivery of critical CapEx orders.
- Highlighting discrepancies to the CFO regarding forecasted CapEx budget versus actual spend and challenge internal customers should variances occur.
- Feeding back pricing, lead time and total cost of acquisition information to internal customers ensuring the best possible benefit to the company.
- Vendor evaluation, audits and ongoing management including UK and European site assessment visits, financial checks and trade references.
- Negotiation and management of capital equipment leases providing recommendations and feedback to the CFO including data on vendors, country of origin, life expectancy, total cost of acquisition and depreciation plus lease versus purchase options.
- Management of lease register to ascertain which finance agreements are soon to reach full term and negotiate extensions to leases, final purchase payment, or lease rental/renewals.
- Negotiation and management of property leases with the landlords in conjunction with the company's legal representatives.
- Providing an incoming and outgoing logistical service ensuring that all shipments adhere to best shipping policy with regard to economy of scale and current dangerous goods or export control legislation.
- Ensuring that all outgoing consignments containing dangerous goods are shipped in accordance with company transportation procedure and adhere to ADR, IATA and ICAO legislation.
- Providing support to production and logistics partners to ensure timely import and export customs clearance.
- Maintaining accurate records on shipments which are subject to export control legislation.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be shortlisted for the role you will have the following:
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills.
- Good Microsoft Office capabilities.
- Several years' procurement experience within a manufacturing, technical and/or scientific environment.
- Logistics experience particularly in a dangerous goods environment.
- Considerable experience of contract review, preparation and execution.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong UK and international negotiation skills and a willingness to travel.
- CIPS membership would be preferential.
- Full driving licence and own car.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.