Interim Project Manager
We have a Public Sector client based in London who are looking for an Interim Project Manager on a 16 month contract. This role is INSIDE IR35 with a maximum day rate of £07.48 on offer. The successful candidate will be required to hold or undergo Security Clearance if successful.
Key Tasks & Deliverables:
- The Project Manager (PM) is accountable for leading the successful delivery of a project to time, cost and quality, operating within the bounds of their mandate and authorised Integrated Project Plan.
- The projects that the candidate will be delivering may form part of one of the following programmes; C4ISR decision support and experimentation and Assured Info Infrastructure Designing, planning, and implementing a project which delivers the desired outputs, set out in the Project Mandate.
- Defining the project’s governance framework including monitoring and control regime, stakeholder engagement, risk and issue management, quality and assurance, information management, resource management, procurement plan.
- Identifying, managing and mitigating the project risks (Technical, Financial, Commercial, Health and Safety, Environmental, Security).
- Ensuring the appropriate capabilities (people, relationships, infrastructure, knowledge, licences to practice) are employed in the execution of the project.
- Tasking and management of external contracts, liaising with the Division Procurement Rep, Commercial, IP and others as appropriate Implementing Dstl's policies and processes and ensuring compliance with the Dstl Management System.
- Establishing, maintaining and controlling project documentation and management information.
- Leading change management within permitted project tolerances; adapting plans to meet changing customer, capability and business requirements and priorities.
- Defining tasks and success criteria and providing individuals with performance feedback.
- Enabling development of staff through project activities. Creating a positive working environment that aligns with Dstl Principles, supports diversity and enables staff working on their project to excel.
- The project manager holds specific accountability for: Recommending: - An Integrated Project Plan for delivery of the project - At project completion that information and knowledge has been captured and shared appropriately Deciding: - The acceptance of any deliverables provided by external organisations, taking advice from the Technical Authority as appropriate.
- Project Management.
- Awareness of the capability and S&T disciplines required to deliver the requirements.
- Financial Management - Budgeting and resource allocation.
- Good standard of verbal and presentational skills and ability to rapidly build networks within the organisation and wider stakeholder community.
- Commercial awareness
- People Leadership
- Risk Management
- Managing customer relationships
- Competent in Microsoft Project 2010 and Excel
- Use of sharepoint software.
- Understanding of the Defence and Security context
- Understanding of Dstl’s business model
- Understanding of the relevant programme and desired outcomes
- Experience and comfort with using Project Web App