Are you a commercially aware procurement professional with excellent food product knowledge? Parkdean Resorts are seeking a talented Lead Procurement Manager to join our established procurement team based in Newcastle upon Tyne.
Reporting to Head of Procurement, the Lead Procurement Manager (Food) will be responsible for developing and leading the strategic procurement activity to support Parkdean Resorts’ food offer. The role will work with a range of stakeholders both internally and externally to ensure we maximise the benefits from a strong supply chain and deliver maximum value for our business and our guests.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Formulating future food procurement strategy in conjunction with the Retail team and Head of Procurement.
- Managing the relationship and performance of the main food suppliers, including extending the scope of the current arrangements so as to provide appropriate support for the food strategy in the medium to long term.
- Formulation appropriate long term supply arrangements for the long term. Produce tenders, negotiate and contract for key distributor and wholesale contract replacement ahead of current contract expiration.
- Building and maintain relationships with Retail, Operations and General Managers at site to promote benefits and understanding of centrally appointed supply arrangements.
- In conjunction with the Food Development, source and select appropriate products to improved guest experience and deliver enhanced sales.
- Drawing up specification and tendering to a range of suppliers as appropriate to the product categories for which you are responsible; ensure all product selected meet the requirements of the Distribution arrangements.
- Producing tangible benefits in terms of cost, quality and benefit to the business in line with the targets set by the Head of Procurement.
- Management of the day-to-day relationships with the Suppliers in your category and collaborating with them to continually improve performance.
- Monitoring the relevant commodity markets within your product group so that the business can be ahead of any impending inflationary pressures, legislation or shortages in those markets.
- Controlling Pricing so that it maintains the agreed margins for the business.
- Producing reports demonstrating pricing, volume and supplier performance.
- Conducting Factory visits and spot checks at Supplier sites, at Park or using an outside specialist to ensure product complies with all elements of specification and hygiene as required under law.
A successful Person will have:
- Minimum of 5 years food procurement experience in a related industry.
- Excellent analytical and organisation skills.
- Commercial and negotiation skills.
- The ability to quickly gain personal credibility and effectively build and maintain stakeholder relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of how to compile a specification for a range of food products.
- Demonstrable experience of tender and contract process for high value contracts in the food and leisure industry.
- Knowledgeable about Food and what constitutes a Quality product and service.
- Understanding of contract law and commercial terms and conditions
More searches like this
- Purchasing, supply (main) Travel & Hospitality Manager jobs in £60,000 - £79,999
- Buying Travel & Hospitality Manager jobs in £60,000 - £79,999
- Operations Travel & Hospitality Manager jobs in £60,000 - £79,999
- Procurement Travel & Hospitality Manager jobs in £60,000 - £79,999
- Supply chain Travel & Hospitality Manager jobs in £60,000 - £79,999