Senior Production Planner
SENIOR PRODUCTION PLANNER FOR IMMEDIATE START
Renowned designer and manufacturer of alarm, signal, control and notification equipment is seeking to appoint a production planner on a temporary basis to help assist in an increase in workload.
Reporting in to the Planning Supervisor you will be responsible for creating and maintaining an effective production schedule that ensures customer requirements are met where possible.
* Create and maintain production orders in line with demand, material availability and production constraints.
* Establish and maintain effective relationships with the company's internal customers in accordance with the ethical code and standards of conduct maintaining the highest level of professionalism at all times
* Create reports detailing manufacturing and capacity requirements for the plant to meet the demands of the business
* Create and maintain purchase orders for inter-plant demands as necessary
* Review customer amendment and expedite requests (including changes to delivery dates and order content) and co-ordinate with customer service and production to implement and communicate changes
* Review engineering changes and take the necessary actions to communicate changes to production
* Review material supply issues impacting the production plan. Communicate to Customer Service any impacts on customer requirements
* Continually seek and identify areas for improvement.
* Maintain material master record fields appropriate to the supply chain functions
You will be capable of working in a complex , fast pace and make to order manufacturing environment and have experience of the following
- SAP or any other major ERP system experience would be desirable
- Excellent organizational and administration skills are essential
- Competent with Microsoft Office Package (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Engineering background would be an advantage (Mechanical / Electrical)
- Minimum of 2 years planning experience in a make-to-order manufacturing environment
- The ability to communicate at all levels internally and externally
- A flexible and Pro-Active approach to Daily Tasks
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- The ability to work on own initiative and be able to work as part of a team
- The ability to multi task and prioritize workload accordingly
This is a temporary/interim role and is initially for between 3 and 6 months. It is an immediate requirement.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.