Exciting Buyer opportunity
Your new company
I'm excited to be working with the leading developer in Entertainment,Engineering industries and Life Sciences. With over 25 years experience within this sector your next company have revolutionised media production.
Your new role
Working closely with, and as part of the Supply Chain team, the Buyer will manage the day to day purchasing of materials and solutions to meet the technology, quality, supply, cost and environmental and ethical targets of the business.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the Buyer will be required to:
- Procure materials from approved Suppliers in line with the business MRP system
- Purchase 3rd party materials to meet customer requirements
- Review and update item data within the MRP system
- Support engineering development procurement when required
- Communicate and support approved suppliers through continuous communication of the business needs
- Work with the Sales coordinator on ensuring customer order requirements are met
- Work with the Operations in ensuring material on time delivery and quality are achieved.
- Support Finance in ensuring supplier payments are on time and any queries are dealt with quickly and effectively
- Work alongside the Supply Chain Manager in developing the solutions that meet the business needs today as well as for the future.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful you will have a proven track record in purchasing and procurement systems, and have experience working within a fast paced ever changing company.
Other expected requirements:
- Proven delivery of needs on time and at cost
- Experience of Contract Manufacturing, their methods and business practices
- Quality methods understanding
- MRP systems
- A desire to meet and beat targets set
- Electronics or mechanical manufacturing background
- Business Financial requirements
- A CIPS training or qualified
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.