Interim IT Category Manager - Software
Interim IT Category Manager sought to join a large government department, initially for up to 6 months. This role is outside of scope for IR35. Within the technology commercial team, you will be focused on the software and service management category. You will be working on a number of lower value software renewals, as well as looking strategically at the key software providers. The team are very busy and you might be required to help out in wider IT/technology categories as needed.
- Developing and progressing cost savings initiatives in IT particularly software
- Dealing with reactive software license issues of compliance and pro-active software license management
- Experience with SI's and unpacking Third Party software licensing contracts (novations/transfers) as part of strategic sourcing model disaggregation
- Experience working within Public Sector (ideally Central Government) and of running procurements under EU Procurement Regulations.
- Knowledge of Cabinet Office Commercial Standards, Government Digital Services Technology Code of Practice and how to use Crown Commercial Services ICT Frameworks and MOU's for call-off contracting.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.