2 ROLES AVAILABLE - IT CATEGORY PROFESSIONAL SERVICES CATEGORY
The Category Managers will be responsible for a range of expenditure categories and for achieving Value for Money on goods and services within the allocated categories, procured by schools and professional services across the organisation.
The primary focus of Category Management will be to lead the development and implementation of category sourcing strategies, deliver sourcing projects that realise on-going savings and ensure appropriate contracts are in place to meet current and future requirements for the goods and services within the category. This will be achieved by working through Category Working Groups with membership representing key specifiers, budget holders and consumers.
- Lead Category Sourcing Groups to develop proposals for category strategies and plans for a 3 year period for categories, comprising:
- sourcing strategy
- savings targets
- sourcing plans
- processes and systems requirements
- Responsible for leading significant sourcing projects within their category. The value of these contracts will typically be in excess of £100k / annum.
- Define the overall strategy for the sourcing exercise including selecting the route to market and negotiation strategy. Identify the appropriate use of eSourcing (eTenders / eAuctions).
- Plan and manage delivery of the significant procurements, from confirmation of requirements through to implementation of approved contracts.
. Skills and Qualifications
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent, or proven track record of relevant extensive work experience, demonstrating expertise in procurement
- Hold a professional qualification - i.e. full membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS
- Proven track record of procurement policy development and implementation
- Experience of large scale procurement in the relevant category
- Background in a commercial procurement management role
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Category Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly