Location: Haywards Heath with international travel
Are you an experienced Procurement professional with strong supplier management experience? Would you like to work in a challenging role for an international organisation impacting lives all over the world?
Under the overall leadership of the Global Head of Supply Chain, the Procurement Specialist will be responsible for the effective delivery of procurement services to programmes in order to obtain products that are safe for end beneficiaries in line with international standards, offering the best value for money.
You will ensure the procurement process is followed consistently in line with organisational policy and provide solutions to a wide spectrum of complex issues related to procurement. The primary focus of the role will be the procurement of consumables and equipment but will also involve other product categories.
• Support the selection of preferred suppliers in line with recommendations from the Global Head of Supply Chain for assigned product categories, in consultation with technical experts and other relevant programme stakeholders.
• Undertake a full supplier due diligence process for all suppliers and provide recommendations as to the compliance of the supplier with our requirements and policy framework.
• Ensure that all documentation relating to supplier due diligence is correctly gathered and stored in order to fulfil any future audit requirements or evaluations.
• Develop a risk assessment framework with contingency plans for each supplier in the assigned portfolio.
• In conjunction with the Global Head of Supply Chain and other team members, agree cost saving strategies / activities to push a value for money agenda across programmes.
Skills and Experience:
• Strong knowledge of international procurement
• Knowledge of maintaining databases and providing management information
• Good knowledge of medical products would be very useful
• Analytical thinker able to take a step back and work through challenging issues
• Negotiation skills and able to manage external relationships
• Well organised and deadline driven
• Strong ICT skills (Expert level Excel required – e.g. Vlookup)
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills
• Able to overcome resistance to change
• Excellent written and spoken English (French would be a strong advantage)
• Ability to travel up to 30%
This is an exciting opportunity to work for an international organisation who's vision and mission is to help people all over the world increase their quality of life. This is a growing organisation and function which will offer lots of progression opportunities.
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity please apply with your CV online or call Adam Roughton at Procurement People to discuss further.