Do you possess strong experience of managing ongoing relationships with service providers? Are you experienced in owning a portfolio of high-value contracts?
We are currently seeking a driven contracts manager to form part of the wider commercial team, owning the supplier-client experience for a significant portfolio of around 35 high-value contracts, totalling circa £30m - £40m.
You are responsible for ensuring both the business and its suppliers have an effective & long-lasting relationship to enable effective service delivery and encourage continuous improvement & innovation. You will provide cost-effective solutions and will monitor supplier performance to ensure they deliver in line with their agreements.
• Delivering commercial and contractual cost efficiency and value-for-money; responsible for overall commercial and performance management and administration of contracts.
• Drive to maximise service contract performance using challenge and innovation, taking appropriate risks, rewarding performance where necessary, and forming effective and professional relationships internally and externally.
• Contributing to supplier relationship management / service partner business plans and processes to forecast, track and report on performance. Positively participating in the ongoing operation and governance of the commercial strategy
• Structure, bid and negotiate contracts from a company perspective to achieve optimum risk allocation and best value whilst ensuring focus on customer.
• Drive continuous improvement in contract development through close engagement with internal and external customers.
• Developing good working relationships and close liaison with clients and monitor commercial deliverables of service contracts.
Skills and Experience:
We are seeking a passionate & highly-experienced contract manager with a robust background in customer-facing engagement. You will have great attention to detail, exceptional influencing skills and an ability to communicate / translate technical information to key stakeholders at all levels.
Strong negotiation skills are essential; having CIPS would have advantageous.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of driving performance improvement of existing processes using customer insight, and market analysis and your commercial acumen.
Working within a close-knit team, this is a high profile role within the business with personal development opportunities, including direct engagement with director-level stakeholders. You will the opportunity to work closely with other teams, including, legal, financial, regulatory, operational and market experts.
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity please apply with your CV online or call Adam Roughton at Procurement People to discuss further.