Category Manager - HR / Generalist Services
An exciting Category Lead opportunity with a major Technologies company that has earned plenty of Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years and offers a truly fun, diverse and fast-paced culture. This role offers autonomy to lead your category area, make decisions for your business and customers and offers exceptional opportunities to develop your career in an innovative and supportive team.
In this Category Lead role, you will be responsible for leading HR category strategy (spend £10-20 million) and supporting other category areas such as Professional Services and FM; partnering with internal customers to deliver successful project outcomes. Success in this role will be achieved by driving the end to end Strategic Sourcing Lifecycle inclusive of leading sourcing projects, developing, negotiating & executing contracts, drive targeted supplier quality of service reviews; and is keenly focused on customer relationship management.
Opportunity to explore flexible work arrangements, partner with an impressive customer set, and enjoy a competitive compensation package – while pushing the boundaries of what’s “possible” by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators.
The Category Manager Role
- Lead the end to end lifecycle for sourcing projects:
- Develop and manage RFx processes
- Identify and translate business requirements into business metrics, SLA's and other commercial terms for contract inclusion
- Develop, negotiate, execute and manage contracts for the category or subset
- Coordinate completion of vendor onboarding and suppler risk assessment activities
- Provide a synopsis of terms to the business at the close of a project and leverages contract abstracts
- Participate in the development and execution of the category sourcing plan through the use and analysis of Spend Visibility, market research, existing product/services being consumed
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal customers with a goal of becoming a trusted partner
- Work in a matrixed, global, and agile environment; participates in meetings with counterparts in other regions to discuss opportunities to bring value to the business and consolidate reporting/future projects from a global perspective
- Manage select Supplier Relationships:
- Leads supplier business reviews by leveraging performance scorecards to help drive supplier performance optimization
- Understands all aspects of legal and commercial contractual terms and business consumption to drive a holistic view of the supplier relationship
- Works on special projects to drive greater value and efficiency to the business
- Identifies opportunities to improve efficiency, agility of internal sourcing processes ultimately improving the customer experience and elevating the sourcing organization
The Category Manager background:
The perfect candidate for this role will have a demonstrated record of success in positions of increasing responsibility over the course of their career. She/he will have an outstanding track record and reputation for being proactive, assertive and detail oriented.
Category Manager Background will include:
- Strong technical Sourcing skills
- Strong negotiations skills including legal terms and conditions and commercial terms
- Customer Relationship Management
- Influencing Skills
- Oral and Written Communications
- Project Management
- Spend Data Analysis/financial analysis
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Time management
- Has experience working in a multi-national, matrixed environment
- Collaborates effectively with internal customers, stakeholders, and procurement counterparts
- Understand the organization's strategic position and external industry/trends
- Ability to develop business relationships within the organization and across internal customers
- Can use technology effectively
- Knowledge of Ariba is strongly preferred
- Business travel of approximately 10 or less percent yearly is expected for this position.
- Bachelor's degree or global equivalent in a related field.
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a “driver”
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn’t take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
- Solves problems creatively
The role offers a competitive salary and excellent company benefits, including flexi working opportunities.
Beaumont Select is a leading Supply Chain & Purchasing Recruitment Agency for permanent and interim staffing solutions. We support a primarily blue chip client base, in the provision of experienced Supply Chain & Purchasing Professionals; successfully resolving their Purchasing Recruitment demands. We have a proven track record in purchasing recruitment and are a leading purchasing recruitment agency. Complying with the BERR Beaumont Select are an Employment Agency and an Employment Business
Apply for Category Manager - HR / Generalist Services
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly