Procurement Lead – Engineering and Maintenance | Aviation Business | West Sussex
A leading aviation business are in an exciting phase of their Procurement journey and are looking to recruit a new Procurement Lead to oversee the Engineering Services spend within the team. The role will have 4 direct reports.
This Senior Procurement Manager will be managing a multi-million pound spend on an international basis across Engineering and Maintenance for the supplier base they are working with. There is a lot of “untapped” areas of spend to find savings and look at adding value to as well as setting the short, medium and long-term strategy for this category areas. This role will see you reporting to the Procurement Director and have some great visibility to some senior stakeholders within the business.
This Senior Procurement Manager role will see you:
· Develop procurement strategies to deliver projects on time and delivering exceptional value
· Act as subject matter expert in assigned areas of Engineering and Maintenance spend
· Interface with suppliers and internal cross-functional teams and thinking of innovative ways to achieve success
· Develop the SRM programme and maximising spend control across the preferred supplier list
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams in assessing, evaluating and nominating suppliers for a projects
· Develop Procurement solutions to identified issues to ensure delivery of projects is maintained
· Strong end-to-end category management across a well-established Procurement function
· Previous people management experience
· Solid Engineering/ Maintenance category knowledge
· industry & category related experience dealing with aircraft OEM suppliers and aircraft maintenance and supplies
· proven experience in developing tendering documentation and running tendering process
· excellent negotiation skills
· strong contracting capabilities
· excellent inter personal skills / relationship management
· strong analytical capabilities
· Be able to drive change by engaging senior stakeholders within the business
· Someone who has driven change in a business and has developed a category strategy and turned it into their own.
This is an incredibly exciting opportunity for a Procurement Manager who is keen to move into a truly global brand and help grow Procurements status within the wider organisation. You will need to have a solid understanding of the maintenance and engineering category, ideally within an aviation background. If you are interested, please apply today with an updated CV.