Procurement Policy & Governance Officer (6 months interim)
A unique opportunity for a well-established procurement specialist to join a high profile UK University in a role writing procurement policy and governance for the strategic purchasing function across indirect spend.
Reporting to the Head of Purchasing, this is a 6 month fixed term or interim opportunity, where you will make a major contribution to the effective operation of the procurement function, monitoring and reviewing the systems and procedures used.
- Contribution to the writing and implementation of procurement policy and guidance notes, advising University staff on procurement issues.
- Evaluation, negotiation and implementation of contract standard terms, regularly updating procurement policy to ensure compliance with best practice, audit recommendations and EU regulations.
- Development of the e-procurement system.
- Provide professional advice and support in respect to the implications of the EU Regional Development fund requirements.
- Promote the Procurement function internally and externally through extensive stakeholder engagement.
- Provide management reports and statistical analysis to senior staff.
- Manage the approval and investigation of purchase orders.
The successful candidate will have:
- Significant procurement policy & governance experience in the public sector, ideally in a Higher Education environment
- Demonstrable experience in developing and implementing procurement policy documentation
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills including management reporting and compliance training
- Ideally MCIPS qualified or underway with strong academic background
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.