Supply Chain Manager
STRONG FM KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
Reporting to the Senior Procurement Manager, the Supply Chain Manager is responsible for;
- Owning the performance management and development of suppliers, within the Facilities Management categories in the organisation.
- Reporting supplier feedback to the Head of Procurement to support the further development of Supply Chain strategy;
- Working with the Procurement Coordinator and Head of Procurement to identify high performing suppliers and negotiating their addition to the Tier 1 supplier list;
- To act as next point of escalation for supplier under performance after Operations and escalate on to Procurement as necessary;
- To manage the formal performance and risk management plans of all providers;
- To assess the risk of existing suppliers and, the risk of any new suppliers prior to seeking Head of Procurement approval to on-board them;
- Maintaining and driving a consistent and professional approach to supply chain management and cross-functional working practices;
- Developing strong internal relationships, securing sponsorship and confidence in Supply Chain management from its stakeholders;
- Be responsible for the operational and tactical management of FM suppliers in accordance with the requirements of our clients;
- To inform the Head of Procurement and Senior Procurement Manager of any supplier under performance which requires escalation;
- Hold structured monthly review meetings with appropriate contractors, suppliers and professional bodies to develop a constructive and open relationship to mutual advantage;
- To proactively partner with relevant internal functions to plan supply-chain capacity and demand forecasting, so as to ensure service delivery;
Skills and Qualifications
- Relevant industry experience within a supply chain management role - ideally with a good knowledge of Facilities management
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of supplier management and performance measurement across hard and soft FM.
- Proven experience in stakeholder management and cross functional team working in the context of a central supplier management function
- Experience of representing a supply chain management function to an external customer, in support of a tender process / within a bid environment
- CIPS Level 3 - Desirable but not essential
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.