Bid / Proposal Writer
Bid / Proposal Writer
Hays Procurement have the pleasure of representing a global leader and innovator in onshore and offshore load measurement systems and products.
Drawing on more than 50 years' experience, they develop and apply innovative technology, including load, strain and stress measuring techniques, within a wide range of sectors including marine, offshore, civil engineering, rail and aerospace.
A new and exciting vacancy has arisen for an experienced Bid / Proposal Writer to join the team who are based on the desirable, seaside location of the Isle of Wight.
The successful candidate will provide the external and internal sales teams with technical support, liaise with engineering, production, procurement etc. to be able to establish a solution with costing and lead times.
Produce detailed quotations, commercial and technical proposals for presentation to the customer.
Role: Bid / Proposal Writer
Location: Isle of Wight
Hours: 37.5hrs + half day on Fridays
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000
Pension: 3-5% matched
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the external and internal sales teams are supported with information and where appropriate coordinate the production of detailed technical and commercial documentation in a timely manner.
- Liaise with the customer to understand their requirements where necessary.
- Work with the production / engineering and procurement departments to establish a solution that is fully costed with a lead time.
- Generate detailed quotations, commercial and technical proposals against defined deadlines.
- Forward the quotation to the appropriate sales team or customer directly as applicable
- Work with the Sales team, agent and client to close the order
- Support Customer Services function as appropriate with regards to resolving any commercial or technical issues
- Ensure sales database is updated as appropriate
- Undertake any reasonable duties specified by the Management Team when required.
- Technical/ engineering understanding
- IT Literate - Word, Excel, Sage, CRM, Power Point, Project
- Excellent written communication
- Highly organised
- Attention to detail
- Excellent customer service and sales skills
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative
- A dedication to achieve
- Can do attitude
- Willing to learn and develop knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of load monitoring equipment or a background in an engineering / technical company or Previous project management and systems experience would be a distinct advantage.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Bid / Proposal Writer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly