Senior Category Lead - Automotive/Fleet
FLEET/AUTOMOTIVE SENIOR CATEGORY LEAD - LONDON OR BIRMINGHAM - £60K - £80K + PACKAGE (CAR ALLOWANCE + BONUS + PACKAGE)
A leading blue chip organisation is looking for a senior procurement category lead with fleet and automotive category experience to join their growing procurement team in London or Birmingham to strategically lead the entire fleet and automotive category (c. £350million p/a). You will also manage a growing and talented team (6 people) based in the UK and globally, with opportunity for you to grow the team in the near future.
The successful candidate will enjoy large budgetary responsibility and be expected to bring innovative sourcing strategies and category plans to this international brand.
This senior procurement and category management position will involve:
* Introducing real value to this high-spending organisation, and being able to drive change and procurement transformation
* Designing and implementing key category strategies on an global basis, and liaising with and influencing senior stakeholders in order to drive innovative solutions
* Managing multi-million spends across the entire Automotive and Fleet Categories, whilst partnering with the MD and FD of Fleet and with other senior stakeholders across the Group
The following skills are vitally important should you wish to be successful in this role:
* Excellent in depth procurement knowledge of the fleet and automotive category across sub-categories including OEMs, vehicle leasing and fleet management - please note my client would look at an indirect generalist but some exposure to fleet and automotive is essential
* End to end procurement experience across areas including tendering, strategic sourcing and contracts negotiations
* Excellent relationship and stakeholder engagement / management skills up to and including C-level (emotional intelligence)
* Previous people management experience is a nice to have but not a must have
* Commercial acumen and an excellent entrepreneurial spirit
* Degree and CIPS desirable
If you think you have the necessary expertise and would be interested in driving procurement transformation within a high-value and high-spending financial services firm, then this is a fantastic opportunity to push yourself out of your comfort zone and have a sizeable project to add to your CV.
If you are interested - please send an updated Word version of your CV to jobsGS@bramwithconsulting.co.uk
To keep up to date with all the latest procurement jobs, follow our twitter feed at http://www.twitter.com/BramwithProcure
KEY SKILLS: Procurement, Fleet, Indirects, Sourcing, Purchasing, Category Manager, London, OEMS, Vehicle leasing, CIPS, Degree, Birmingham, Senior Procurement Manager, Category Lead, people management