Procurement Manager – Bought in Finished Goods
Experienced Procurement Manager required for our Food Manufacturing client to deliver sourcing strategies across Bought In Finished Goods - leading procurement projects to develop new products with third party manufacturers & co-packers. Interested?
As our client continues to build on their award winning Procurement function an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Procurement Manager/Buyer to join the Bought In Finished Goods Team.
We are looking for a motivated individual with a high level of strategic and negotiation skills. Capable of developing strong relationships with internal stakeholders and existing and potential suppliers. You should be flexible and able to work effectively within teams to deliver projects to challenging deadlines. You will have a good appreciation and knowledge of the food manufacturing supply chain and have worked in a fast moving environment.
A dynamic, varied role with a high level of responsibility, autonomy and accountability. You will be responsible for managing and extracting value from existing product portfolios and supplier relationships, whilst being the functional lead on projects to develop products with third party manufacturers and co-packers that meet our evolving business requirements and New Product Development platforms.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement sustainable sourcing strategies that support our business objectives
- Develop an understanding of key brands, their likely development platforms and develop a knowledgebase of suppliers and capabilities who can support this agenda.
- As the functional lead on Project Teams to implement NPD you will be responsible for identifying potential suppliers, leading the evaluation and tendering process, awarding business and managing the business communication links and negotiations involving the supplier. You will have primary responsibility for the chosen supplier’s delivery of the Project.
- Negotiate and implement complex commercial contracts, often these are over one year duration and involving variables such as capital expenditure and service parameters.
- Ongoing management of the commercial relationship with supplier as appropriate to the Category Strategy; identifying, negotiating and implementing collaborative relationships with key suppliers where appropriate to drive value.
- To provide support to the Planning, Customer Service and Technical Teams with regards to supply and quality issues.
- To provide ongoing support to the Development and Brand Teams.
KNOWLEDGE / QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- A deep understanding of strategic sourcing methodologies
- Knowledge of food manufacturing, product development processes and supply chain management
- Experience of working within Project Teams and the management of multiple projects and work streams.
- Skilled negotiator, adept at managing complex negotiations.
- Strong analytical thinking skills and the ability to think laterally, utilising problem solving skills to develop new approaches and resolve issues.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft/Google spreadsheet software. Use of SAP desirable.
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships with key suppliers and stakeholders.
- Effective and highly adaptable communicator with strong networking and relationship building skills.
- Capable of maintaining a professional approach in all internal and external relationships and confident in interacting with senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly self-aware with a strong commitment to self-development.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.