Procurement Project Manager
Your new company
A fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Procurement Project Manager to join a leading charity based in the UK. The charity is growing at a fast pace and the procurement function is held in high regard internally, meaning that contact with senior stakeholders is easily accessible. They are looking for an experienced manager to join their Procurement team reporting to the Head of Procurement on a 4-month interim basis.
Your new role
- Supporting the Head of Procurement, the Procurement Project Manager will assist with the development and implementation of the procurement strategy to assist the society in achieving value for money throughout its supply chain
- Ensure best value for money in every contract you negotiate and undertake
- Support all the charity's functions in large contract negotiations and lets by giving expert advice and guidance
- The successful candidate will be working on the more complex contracts supporting such as Marketing and Information Systems
- The successful candidate will also be responsible for aiding effective supplier management by developing suitable systems that demonstrate year on year continuous improvement and demonstrate value for money return in all contracts to the charity
The successful candidate will be:
- Proven experience of procurement in the charity sector with in depth knowledge of the full procurement cycle
- Working towards their CIPS membership or an equivalent degree/qualification.
- Successful track record of utilisation and monitoring of expenditure, identified opportunities for savings and linking into both local and national business plans
- You will also have knowledge of procuring sophisticated products such as marketing, media and research services
- An excellent negotiator and an effective people manager, you will have strong influencing skills, tact and credibility to make an impact with senior management
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role