Are you an experienced Procurement Analyst, focused on ensuring value for money is achieved from all expenditure?
The Procurement Department at the University of Kent requires an Analyst to manage, control and analyse available management information and data to ensure the department is fully aligned with delivering the aims and objectives of the University Plan.
You will be responsible for providing a single overview of data relating to savings, opportunities, the commercial position, and all major procurement activity across the University which will include overall responsibility for the creation, organisation, and maintenance of internal information reporting relating to Procurement and wider Financial activity as and when necessary.
This post is offered on a fixed term for 12 months (subject to funding, post may be extended beyond 12 months) and attracts an annual market supplement rate of £4k (reviewed in May 2020).
As Procurement Analyst you will:
- manage, control and analyse available management information and data to meet the Procurement Strategy and Procurement Team Objectives
- drive the reporting and measurement of savings, including the annual reporting to legislatory and regulatory bodies on VFM and other reports as required
- analyse and improve existing e-Procurement systems (Procurement to Pay, e-Marketplace) including system testing, adding new suppliers to the e-Marketplace and development of new functionality
To be successful in this role you will have:
- experience of procurement and / or financial reporting including Procurement 2 Pay (P2P Systems)
- extensive recent experience of preparing reports to internal and external bodies
- experience of data and trend analysis, identifying improvement opportunities, potential efficiencies and spend leverage / aggregation situations
- the ability to analyse and manipulate data at an advanced level
The primary focus of the Finance Department is to provide the University as a while (represented by its Governing Body, Council) and individuals holding budget responsibility with financial services and advice. This involves the payment of bills and salaries and collection of monies owed to the University. It also covers the production of monitoring reports and forward financial plans such as budgets and business plans.
The Procurement Department is an integral part of Finance and is to commence a major transformational programme as part of the Simplifying Kent initiative. This programme will involve a redesign and expansion of the team, a review of the processes, policies and procedures, and the establishment of new ways of working with the aim of becoming a team that deliver best practice and tangible savings.
Start date for applications: 22 May 2018
Closing date for applications: 18 June 2018
Interviews are to be held: 29 June 2018
Please see the links below to view the full job description and to apply for this post. For further information regarding the application process please contact The Resourcing Team on email@example.com quoting ref number: REG1262
Applications must be made via the University’s online application system. You are required to fill in the main details section of the application and upload your CV and cover letter. Your cover letter should clearly and explicitly address the requirements of the Person specification and you should provide clear evidence and examples which back-up any assertions you make in relation to each criterion; we recommend a maximum of 4 x A4 sides.