Strategic Sourcing Specialists - IT and HR
Strategic Sourcing Specialists (IT and HR) opportunity with this leading multinational financial technology organisation that is going through an exciting re-organisation within its procurement function. Seeking a number of Sourcing specialists; these offer terrific opportunities with a leading global company with a European remit.
ROLE SUMMARY: To support the Strategic Sourcing Lead in determining and managing the sourcing strategy within a IT and HR categories or sub categories, identifying and engaging with key senior stakeholders to ensure a robust methodology is utilised to identify requirements, search and appraise appropriate supply sources and negotiate contracts.
To manage the sourcing process, including a detailed category market analysis and preparation of materials/reporting formats for management gateways. The post holder will also support the Strategic Sourcing Lead in providing sourcing and procurement advice to designated business areas, acting as a category centre of expertise to the business, and will contribute to the wider strategic planning of the Procurement Team.
- Engage with stakeholders to understand business requirements and to define and implement the category strategy, plans and processes for sourcing goods and services within a designated category or sub-categories, supported by the Strategic Sourcing Lead.
- Support the Strategic Sourcing Lead by acting as a point of excellence to a specific business or function within Europe, supporting the leadership team, helping to formulate sourcing strategies which meet their business goals and assisting with any strategic decision making that requires procurement input.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge and understanding of the business / function’s business drivers and have a comprehensive understanding of how this fits into the overall business strategy.
- Advise the business / function on procurement policies, processes and best practice, providing support as required.
- Supporting the Strategic Sourcing Lead on the planning and prioritisation activities of the category or sub-categories, to ensure that the most important opportunities in terms of business needs, cost savings and risk mitigation are delivered and that the right priorities are selected.
- Manage and drive key sourcing activities for business projects ensuring that they are delivered on time and to budget with appropriate risk management.
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with key existing strategic suppliers and identify potential new partners within categories of responsibility.
- Develop category or sub-category strategy, plans, sourcing pipelines and “commit to saving” targets for sign-off by Senior Management.
- Develop key relationships with Europe Finance and Legal Business Partners
- Work with Finance Business partners throughout budget setting process ensuring alignment to the category sourcing pipeline
- Review sourcing activities to ensure compliance with procurement policy and process, challenging non-compliant areas of the business / function as required.
- Own, manage and track cost savings targets, policy compliance, adherence to the sourcing process and customer service for the category or sub-category managed.
- Guide and support any junior colleagues on sourcing and related procurement matters.
- Support the Strategic Sourcing Lead in driving a high performance culture, motivating and inspiring junior colleagues to deliver and exceed against performance objectives.
- Contribute to the wider Strategic Sourcing Team and provide representation on key change programmes and leadership forums across the organisation
THE PERSON PROFILE:
- Educated to degree level, ideally in a business or legal discipline
- Postgraduate procurement accreditation preferred (MCIPS or MIIAPS)
- Minimum five years specific category sourcing experience in complex markets
- Proven track record in category / sub-categories, with comparable levels of spend and complexity
- Proven capability in negotiating sourcing deals in complex markets
- Strong levels of subject matter expertise, with deep market and supplier knowledge
- Good knowledge and application of best practice strategic sourcing process
- Good IT skills and working knowledge of Ariba or equivalent e-procurement system
- Good supplier and contract management experience would be valuable
- Demonstrable influencing skills and senior stakeholder management
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Project management experience would be an asset
- Energy, pace and an impeccable track record of delivery
- Experience in working in a fast paced Global organisation with multiple reporting lines
Beaumont Select is a leading Supply Chain & Purchasing Recruitment Agency for permanent and interim staffing solutions. We support a primarily blue chip client base, in the provision of experienced Supply Chain & Purchasing Professionals; successfully resolving their Purchasing Recruitment demands. We have a proven track record in purchasing recruitment and are a leading purchasing recruitment agency. Complying with the BERR Beaumont Select are an Employment Agency and an Employment Business