Supply Chain Manager
The Supply Chain function at AWE are looking for a Supply Chain Manager. As the Supply Chain Manager you will collaborate with multiple senior internal stakeholders to promote the Supply Chain Strategy, policy and vision, ensuring alignment with the wider business objectives
The Supply Chain Manager will deliver robust Supply Chain Management processes, procedures, tools and guidelines in accordance with company process management standards. You will also develop the overarching sourcing strategy to maximise commercial advantage and deliver typically high value, highly complex procurement strategies and contract recommendations of highly strategic suppliers in order to maintain a resilient supply chain. As Supply Chain Manager you will develop, influence and maintain key relationships with multiple stakeholders at all business levels.
We are looking for the Supply Chain Manager to have:
- Proven in-depth working experience within a Senior Procurement Role in a similar organisation or industry
- Proven knowledge of complex contractual arrangements (preferably NEC) and leading complex commercial negotiations
- Proven knowledge and application of supplier management strategies to maximise benefits and minimise risk
- Proven record of developing, influencing and delivering the Supply Chain Strategy
- Proven knowledge of Intellectual Property Rights, Trade Controls and Earned Value Management
- Experience in team forming, management and direct report development
- Capable of leading and delivering through others, and working highly collaboratively in cross-functional teams
- Business change experience, including shaping, leading and managing change with diverse stakeholder groups
- Managing problem solving/negotiation of significant settlements to resolve, minimise or mitigate commercial risks
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities.