Can you deliver category plans and lead and manage relationships with suppliers and markets, to deliver costs savings and provide expert commercial advice and guidance? If this sounds like you, our client is waiting to hear from you.
Working closely with the Senior Commercial Manager, you will be responsible for developing and managing category strategies that deliver goods and services in a cost effective and efficient manner. You will also utilise your market knowledge and category expertise within procurements and existing contractual arrangements to deliver best value outcomes.
You will have:
· Proven experience in category management, developing and implementing category strategies using category management tools and techniques that deliver benefits that include financial savings.
· A proven track record of achievement in delivering major projects within budget, and on time.
· Expert knowledge of procurement and sourcing strategies.
· Must have knowledge and experience in putting together contracts including terms and conditions and schedules.
· Must have experience of working alongside clients to devise specifications and effective commercial models.
· Proven experience of providing dynamic and effective leadership, a natural people manager able to motivate and inspire teams and individuals.
· Creative and dynamic, strong on lateral thinking, bringing fresh ideas and proposing new but risk evaluated solutions
· Excellent communications skills, written and oral, articulate and robust in presenting ideas.
· Strong influencing and negotiating skills, a good builder of productive relationships, able to gain support from all quarters.
· Experience of managing contractors, professional and administrative staff and resources to achieve corporate objectives.
· Experience of developing and implementing procurement, and/or service management solutions; and managing major high value purchases that requires analysis, comparison and assessment.
· Experience of presenting to and working with a range of clients and senior management.
· CIPS Qualified or equivalent with additional business experience.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.