Senior Procurement Manager
Senior Procurement Manager, Attain, UK based
Competitive salary, Remote working options
If you are looking for a new challenge and are passionate about improving the NHS, this is the role for you? We are looking to recruit a Senior Procurement Manager to join our Commercial Team.
Attain is the largest independent health advisory and delivery organisation in the UK and often cited by staff as ‘an inspiring place to work’. We are seeking a talented individual who has both the technical competences and relationship building skills required to deliver real value from procurement interventions. You will work as part of our Commercial Team on engagements nationwide. The purpose of the role is to create and implement strategic and operational procurement interventions to meet the needs of our clients and to support the development of our procurement portfolio and internal commercial capability.
The successful candidate will have experience in delivery and working with customers across the lifecycle of projects and programmes to deliver outstanding results for the public sector.
Attain’s Commercial team actively engages with Clinical Commissioning Groups, care providers and Local Authorities to understand their intentions and identify the most appropriate procurement route to deliver high quality, cost effective services and most importantly, safe care. Our highly experienced and adaptable team has a combined track record of delivering outstanding results in a wide variety of health and care service procurements.
As a service delivery organisation, our staff work in a variety of locations all over England and as such you may need to be flexible with regards to travel and working away from home in response to customer requirements.
- Work in partnership with Health and Care Systems (including CCGs and Providers) providing procurement advice, insight and delivery
- Provide procurement project and programme management support to customers, including agreeing work plan priorities
- Determine best route to market for each project and identify associated risks
- Lead and deliver procurement of clinical services for customers
- Lead engagement with multiple service stakeholders, ensuring the relevant functions are appropriately represented to deliver the required outcomes
- Apply commercial rigour to effectively measure value for money and improvement of patient care
- Use technology and quality assured processes and documents to deliver consistently and fairly across a variety of markets
- Wider responsibilities will include:
- developing, and managing, relationships with senior clients teams
- identifying new business opportunities
- supporting the development of Attain’s methodologies and approaches
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- CIPS Qualified
- Solid experience of public sector procurement
- Solid understanding of EU procurement legislation
- Proven experience in business case development
- Experience of development and implementation of procurement strategies and plans for complex services
- Experience in market testing, tendering, negotiation and contracting
- Understanding of category management and strategic sourcing
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills with the ability to effectively challenge across all levels, and experience of working effectively with stakeholders (inc. clinicians, health and care professionals)
- Proven analytical skills
- Highly developed communication and presentation skills
- A successful track record of project management and programme management
- Opportunity for working from home? Yes
- Amount of time client based? Varies, but approximately 3 days a week
- Need to travel/overnight stays away from home? Yes
Attain is the largest independent health advisory and delivery organisation in the UK. Our team of healthcare experts combine clinical, management consulting, analytical, transformation and commercial expertise are united by collective determination to make a real difference to health and wellbeing. We are dedicated to working solely with the NHS and its partners, so understand the pressures that stakeholders face and through our agile responsive approach, our solutions always have the flexibility to adapt to changing needs and outcomes. Our blend of private and public sector employees including a high proportion of clinicians and our values are key to our success and sets us apart from other professional services organisations operating in the healthcare sector.
Apply for Senior Procurement Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly