Category Buyer | World leading manufacturer | Dorset
As a world-renowned manufacturer this organisation spends £100M+ with external suppliers. From their Head Quarters in Dorset the Procurement team ensures they have strong relationships both with internal stakeholders and suppliers, so that they understand the business needs and develop effective category sourcing strategies that aggressively drive value, so that they can continue to invest in innovative new products and customer relationships.
Two Category Buyer roles now exist to lead and develop a specific category in the business and you will be responsible for managing assigned categories, suppliers, and purchases to meet the business and stakeholder needs.
Your key duties will include:
- Ensure timely sourcing goods and services to meet business requirements
- To liaise with suppliers with respect delivery schedules and ensuring accurate lead times
- Carry out regular and appropriate supplier reviews to ensure that the performance and quality of service & goods are met
- Co-ordinate regular meetings with suppliers and site visits and produce visit reports to record outcomes and actions to address business issues and improvement plans.
- Cost effectiveness: Purchase parts demonstrating value for money and from a perspective of total acquisition cost without affecting either the quality of the goods or delivery deadlines.
- Creating and maintaining long-term supplier contracts and single source contracts.
You will also have the following skills:
- Strong stakeholder and communication management skills across the internal business and with third parties
- Commercially astute from a procurement perspective
- Can demonstrate tenacious, resilient and can-do behaviours
- Can manage changing priorities in a fast pace environment
- Self-reliant, a team player and learns through listening
These are immediate requirements so please do call for a confidential conversation or send your CV asap.