Senior IT Procurement Manager Global | FTSE 250 | Surrey/ London
In a time of change, within an evolving Procurement team, this globally recognised FTSE 250 Brand is looking for a new IT Procurement Leader to drive IT Hardware, Software and Telecoms across the group. This is an exciting time for one of the UK’s most prominent companies as they look to grow their Procurement capability globally. The Procurement Agenda for 2018 couldn’t be more exciting, with new Procurement initiatives being rolled out including investment in automation and new sourcing processes and mandates.
End-to-end category management is at the heart of the Procurement philosophy as they endeavour to raise the profile of Procurement. This role will report straight to the Head of IT Procurement in a well-established Procurement team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implementing and delivering category sourcing plans for the business across IT and Technology with a multi-million pound spend
- Managing 1 direct report to begin with
- Accountable for building and maintaining collaborative relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Being the subject matter expert for IT Procurement and regularly review of business wide strategies as part of the wider Procurement Exec Team.
- Have a broad range of IT Category knowledge, particularly in Software, Hardware and Telecoms
- Good understanding of vendors, suppliers and commercial models for IT Hardware and Software area
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders in the business and perhaps have people managed either virtually or directly
- Degree or equivalent is preferred but not essential
Procurement is at the forefront of this new-age thinking organisation and there is a lot of untapped spend for you and your team to get your hands around. So if you have solid end-to-end category management expertise within the IT Procurement area and are looking for a new role where you can add true value to the organisation then we can’t wait to hear from you!