Senior Buyer | Global Defence Organisation | Surrey
Are you looking for a high performing organisation that can offer you a global platform to perform and progress on? This internationally recognised Defence organisation is enjoying healthy growth after winning several high value contracts across the globe and as such is looking to strengthen the category function.
As Senior Buyer, you’ll be given end to end responsibility of a number of high spend categories and be tasked with reshaping both pre-existing and new contracts in order to find best value for the business. The ethos of the procurement team is very much to re-engineer how they spend, reduce costs, and ensure that they achieve the best value for money. If you are looking for a hands-on procurement opportunity directly influencing the strategy to improve procurement practices across the organisation, then this is the job for you.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Manage supplier demand planning models for both direct and indirect sourcing requirements to ensure effective inventory replenishment & stock levels
• Align stock availability to customer demand across the assigned and defined product lines worldwide
• Undertake supplier negotiations for existing and new product demands incl. price, schedule and terms and conditions by delivering best value for money
• Deliver new product introduction supplier, part availability and quality stability for launch
• Manage and deliver quarterly supplier quality and business reviews for all Class A suppliers
• Develop strategic souring plans
Skills and achievements:
• Working knowledge of Material Requirements Planning / Materials Management
• Supplier Cost management techniques
• Strategic sourcing principles in line with Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply Chain Guidelines (CIPS)
• Stock and inventory turns management within Supply Chain