Category Manager, Consumer Products | Leading Technology Brand | West London
This growing Technology business is looking for an experienced Category/ Procurement Manager with a background in Consumer Products to join a growing team. This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with the Head of Procurement and senior stakeholders and directly influence customer experience.
The Category Manager will build and enhance successful partnerships with the companies supply base/ suppliers. This role is essential to the organisations success in planning, negotiating and delivering the Procurement strategy for 2018.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsibility for a category of spend and developing a strategy to support the overall business initiatives that provides a platform for continuous cost reduction and improved supplier performance.
- Ensure the commercial and contractual relationships and frameworks are created and adhered to.
- Focus the sourcing activities on the areas of most value to the business in terms of spend, risk and service provision.
- Own and implement an agreed purchasing strategy, developing, extending and changing it as necessary.
- Manage stakeholder relations to influence spend synergies.
- Make recommendations for new initiatives and concepts.
- Manage the commercial aspects of the relationship within the category with suppliers and define the supplier KPIs and SLGs for contract development.
- Work with stakeholders on their forecasted projects for future buying requirements.
- Communicate with stakeholders and management to ensure that the Purchasing strategy, approach and process for category is understood, agreed and complied with.
Requirements: Skills + Experience
- Solid procurement experience within Consumer Products and/or Supply Chain Procurement.
- Experience building successful relationships with internal and external stakeholders on all levels.
- An influencer with skill in internal and external negotiations.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Commercial understanding and the ability to manage complex contracts.
- Negotiation, leadership and decision-making skills.
- Enthusiastic and motivated team player who contributes to a positive team dynamic.
- Background in telecoms, broadcast or technology would be beneficial.