Senior Procurement Manager - Technology
Interested in a new procurement opportunity with a busy, innovative & dynamic public-sector procurement team in a hands-on IT/Technology sourcing role within an ever evolving & expanding ICT digital environment?
Our client is a highly efficient, productive and respected organisation within the Public Sector who are located in the vibrant waterfront city of Plymouth. Their environmentally friendly office provide a great setting in which to work and hundreds of miles of stunning coastline and 368 square miles of Dartmoor National Park are within easy reach.
Our client offers competitive terms, conditions and benefits. You will have flexible start and finish times and access to Civil Service pension arrangements. The maternity, paternity and childcare benefits are extremely competitive. Career progression is actively encouraged and as part of the wider Civil Service there will be many opportunities for self-development through Civil Service Learning.
The Procurement & Commercial Group are responsible for supporting budget holders in awarding, managing and ending their contracts and in supplier relationship management. They also provide commercial expertise and leadership at the appropriate stages of the procurement cycle.
As a Senior Procurement Manager, you will work in a fast-paced ICT Digital Procurement Team changing the digital and working environment of HMLR, leading on major procurement exercises and delivering commercial solutions. You will provide specialist commercial advise on procurement exercises and ensure they culminate in a successful contract award.
You will have:
· Experience and knowledge of the Digital Marketplace including Digital Outcomes and Specialists and G-Cloud
· Knowledge and understanding of the Crown Commercial Service (CCS) and completing Call-Off Contracts from these Frameworks
· Strong customer focus with the ability to make robust decisions as and when required
· Experience of supplier / contract management – negotiation and service escalation resolution
· Ability to lead a Team to drive performance and engagement
· Strong communicator with effective presentation and written communication skills
· Excellent planning and organising skills
· Ability to prioritise workload
· Proficient in MS Excel
· MCIPS Full Professional Qualification or a willingness to work towards this (support will be given to gain this).
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.