Head of Procurement
Head of Procurement
Gravesend, Kent Based
Salary up to 53K
28 Days Leave, Private Health, and Defined Benefit Pension Scheme
An opportunity has now arisen for a Head of Procurement to join the Port of London Authority, (PLA) the UK's 2nd largest Port in the UK.
As the Head of Procurement you will be able to:
- To define the PLA’s purchasing policy and to establish Purchasing processes across the business and in compliance with third party organisations/ regulators; to provide governance and ensure adherence to such policy and processes across the PLA.
- To provide strategic guidance and specialist advice to the business on all Purchasing matters such that the PLA is contracting and operating within a safe commercial framework, meeting its third party regulatory and compliance requirements, minimising risk and exposure of the PLA whilst maximising savings opportunity
- To ensure that the PLA and its wider management group are full competent in procurement.
- To ensure that the PLA has a supply chain supportive of delivering against its business objectives.
- To identify, develop and support strategic relationships within the supply chain, and with Purchasing professional bodies, such that the PLA maintains a profile and appropriate reputation within the sector to support delivery against its business objectives
This is a newly created post and what we are looking for is an individual with proven experience in a commercial strategic procurement role to design, implement and deliver a procurement strategy in line with business operational objectives in a cross functional complex business.
A natural innovator, strong communicator, the ability to influence, dynamic thinker, capable and flexible you will join a small commercial team within the Chief Financial Officers department reporting to the Head of Risk and Commercial Development.
Management of procurement and service contracts will be key, using best practice, to support and improve best value principles facilitating effective control of supply chain management. A large part of the role will be running tenders, identifying areas of cost saving, the provision of management information as well as the implementation and production of specific KPI’s in order to demonstrate controlled spending and obtaining value for money across the organisation.
For an informal chat about the role please contact Glenda Frost, Head of Risk and Commercial Development on 01474 562243 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications: 22nd June 2018
Interviews will be held on: 5th July 2018