Global Category Manager
Global Category Managers are responsible for developing and implementing Strategic Sourcing Strategies for Indirect and Direct goods and/or services within a defined portfolio of Global categories and spends across the entire Seqirus organisation. The purpose is to secure maximum value from the external spend, from our suppliers and creating competitive advantage for the Seqirus business. This includes areas such as delivering year on year multi-million dollar savings, mitigation of associated risks, supplier relationship management, identifying and creating innovation and protecting Seqirus through robust contractual negotiations. This role is seen as the Global SME for the categories and is responsible for creating appropriate senior level stakeholder engagement & alignment plans to ensure the current and future needs of the business are addressed whilst implementing effective Governance to ensure suppliers are professionally managed through active KPIs that drive continuous improvement. Where appropriate, the role will also support the Global network of Category Managers as one of the key site based influencers.
Category Management - Strategy Development
· Lead the development, management and implementation of comprehensive sourcing strategies on Global and/or Regional basis in alignment with the Seqirus Business & Procurement Strategy to deliver agreed saving targets and other value benefits that significantly impact Seqirus financial results.
- Lead, develop and manage cross functional category councils with members often based at several regional locations
- Develop supply strategies that deliver business requirements across assurance of supply, quality improvements, regulatory requirements, service, cost, reduction in lead-times and innovation
- Drive optimisation of the Seqirus supply base within the categories of responsibility whilst providing Insights within the supplier landscape and Global market to help shape business decisions and influence the Seqirus sourcing category strategies
- Accountable for ensuring the resources, information and tools are in place for project execution throughout the category, providing project management and implementation support where required
- Lead complex and business critical negotiations with key suppliers and create greater commercial awareness within the stakeholder community of the need for spend management.
- Provide category reporting to Seqirus management for cost, quality and service improvements and risk mitigation strategies
- Approve supplier additions, changes and deletions in consultation with the Category Council
Supplier Relationship Management – Customer of Choice
- Lead, develop and manage the supply base for external Seqirus spend across the end to end supply chain
- Develop appropriate relationships with critical suppliers to ensure cost effective sources and alternatives for relevant categories
- Develop Continuous Improvement plans and Strategies for the supply base employing appropriate tools and techniques to reduce waste across the supply chain.
- Lead Cross Functional Category Councils to ensure Seqirus and the Supply base are aligned both in the immediate term but also across a 5 year pipeline.
- Leverage value from Seqirus/CSL supplier relationships to create value beyond the contract
- Create a 5 year plan for the Category that clearly identifies projects and initiatives that will drive on-going value
- Reporting to the OLT / PLT a dashboard of KPIs that focus on driving business improvements and shows associated corrective action plans
Risk Management – Protecting Our Business
- Lead the development and implementation of Risk Mitigation across the supply chains to ensure continuity of supply
- Proactively highlight and prioritise the future and current Risks and ensure that the Category Councils are aware and endorse the recommended mitigation plans
- Ensure Regulatory Compliance through the development of the Category strategy
- Ensure that appropriate and formal contractual documentation is in place to protect Seqirus and deliver best in class performance
- Undertake risk assessments and support the development of new and improved supply options, including dual supply sources
Compliance to Seqirus Sourcing Policies and Procedures
- Ensure that the Seqirus Sourcing templates and approval routes are followed in the development of the Category strategies to protect Seqirus’ interests and reputation in accordance with the Code of Responsible Business Practice
- Ensure Seqirus sourcing is committed to conducting business with integrity, in accordance with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Implement Responsible Procurement principles with a particular focus on anti-bribery requirements
- Support diversity, inclusion and sustainability in our interactions with the supply base
- Adherence to Seqirus DOA (Delegation of Authority)
- Develop a Global stakeholder map for each category that highlights the key decision makers, influencers and knowledge experts required to create an appropriate strategy.
- Develop and agree RACI documents to ensure optimum use of resources and clear accountability
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders across all Seqirus locations and, where appropriate, CSL to ensure requirements are met, new opportunities identified and joint business plans and targets are in place.
- Represent the Categories on relevant forums both internally and externally
- Support the wider team on implementation of Business Partnering as a key business tool to managing internal stakeholders
Degree required as a minimum in fields such as business, finance, logistics, law, or a scientific or technical field. Strong preference for CIPS qualification or similar professional qualification
Demonstrable procurement and category management experience with 3 years’ experience in similar position.
· Global Sourcing experience utilising appropriate tools and techniques to demonstrate value creation
· An ability to facilitate dialogue between team members so they understand the interdependencies between their different ideas, priorities and perspectives.
· Form effective and mutually advantageous relationships both internally and externally
· Resilience to overcome objections and seek alternatives routes for completion
· Project and Change management experience with strong leadership, communications and organisational skills with the ability to coordinate and implement multiple team projects
· Experience in facilitating groups of individuals to create solutions and delivering continuous improvements
· Proven negotiating skills with the ability to effectively influence internal and external senior management
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret and apply result to resolve issues
· Self-motivated, inquisitive and driven
· Tenacious and works with integrity and can be relied on to achieve savings within deadlines agreed
· Able to support other procurement areas as required
· Strong supplier relationship management skills
Strong PC skills, particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint and working knowledge of SAP and eSourcing platforms