Category Specialist | Leading Financial Services Organisation | Surrey
This leading FTSE 250 organisation is enjoying a period of significant growth and as such is looking to bolster their category management function. With a recent transformation project rolled out across the organisation, their team are on a strategic journey toward a category aligned approach.
As Procurement specialist you will be sat within the indirects team and given the opportunity to lead a number of multi million pound spend areas. Opportunities for quick wins are endless with many of the category areas being relatively in their infancy. This would suit a Buyer/Senior buyer looking to broaden their indirect category experience in one of the UK’s most recognisable brands!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for being the Procurement lead for a number of spend categories.
- Research and review spend, to drive best practice sourcing decision.
- Determine and plan Procurement activity for a range of concurrently running projects with a flexible approach.
- Perform analysis of spend data and other relevant data to identify opportunities for savings and business efficiencies.
- Pro-actively support and advise business users on recommended courses of action.
- Build and maintain a network of colleagues across the business and engage proactively with stakeholders to develop and implement appropriate strategies to improve business performance in respect of 3rd party suppliers.
- Collaboratively manage the end to end Procurement process ensuring clear communication to all stakeholders.
Skills and achievements:
- Extensive experience in a Procurement role, preferably having worked across a range of indirect spend categories.
- Strong analysis, data manipulation and presentation skills and good standard of expertise with associated tools e.g Excel, Powerpoint.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- An understanding of legal terms and contract law and ability to negotiate and draft contractual terms.