Head of Customer Procurement
Do you have the gravitas and proven commercial acumen to provide industry leading client procurement services – developing & delivering best in class HR and L&D related procurement solutions for private & public sector clients?
If you can work with internal stakeholders & external customers to challenge the status quo and bring about change through creating & delivering innovative solutions to deliver cost savings and process improvement & efficiencies whilst putting the Customer first, then this is the role for you.
As Head of Customer Procurement, you will be responsible for a small team of client facing procurement specialists to:
- Maintain and develop relationships with key client procurement departments with the aim of delivering high quality and competitive L&D solutions for our customers.
- Provide an industry leading client procurement service, touching on all value levers (price, process, demand and value).
- Ensure internal and external customers are delighted and all KPIs and SLAs are met or exceeded.
- Support the delivery of business initiatives by providing subject matter expertise to clients.
- Support the development of Client Procurement Managers with a focus on specialist areas including coaching and mentoring.
- Support the knowledge development of the learning market for Client facing teams via direct training and facilitation of Client / Supplier events.
- Deliver client savings in line with expectations / targets.
- Ensure customer expectations are met and/or exceeded tracked via Supplier Satisfaction survey results.
- Work in collaboration with client procurement teams to ensure a high quality of service and act as a point of escalation for clients.
- Take ownership for the learning and development of client facing teams, enabling them to manage RFX responses, client procurement visibility and opportunity identification.
- Develop partnership relationships with key Client Procurement teams.
- Develop Client specific insight reports, including category strategies to impact spend
- Create a client perception of procurement as a value added service through increase of strategic input.
- Prepare client specific analyses and comparable data sets from similar clients.
- Manage the preparation and monitoring of client SLA’s and KPI’s related to Procurement & Supply Chain.
- Prepare and analyse client savings metrics to industry leading standards including benchmarking savings capture from other industries.
- Hold at least quarterly strategic reviews with clients.
- Develop a pipeline of sourcing / procurement needs from clients.
- Identify cost savings targets for Clients via a variety of initiatives, supporting Client Partners and Client Directors with the presentation of Client savings recommendations
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- Strong procurement experience
- Strategic client engagement and influencing in a procurement context
- Managing difficult conversations and negotiations
- Influencing peers across the business
- Influencing leaders and line manager
- Removing barriers and obstacles
- Leading by example
- Actively shares information and insight across the teams
- Develops internal & external network
- Ability to understand and act on the key metrics and business drivers
- Stakeholder management skills
- Strong commercial acumen
- Excellent communication skills
This is a great opportunity to lead transformation & change across HR & Learning Services customer procurement. You will have the autonomy to build best in class capabilities, processes and solutions for your clients – building robust relationships and innovative solutions in a cost savings targeted environment.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.