Procurement Manager- Retail | Global FMCG Organisation | Surrey
As part of an ongoing transformation this global FMCG organisation is looking to grow its Procurement team and bring in a new Procurement Manager to oversee the retail spend within the business. You will be managing 1 buyer and overseeing a £75 million spend across the function specifically in the company’s food and beverages category. This is a hands-on and high-profile role reporting to the Head of Retail Procurement and liaising with other Managers on a strategic, tactical and on-going basis, both internally and externally within the business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage 1 Buyer overseeing a £75 million spend across Food and Beverages
- Understand company F&B strategy and develop the best solutions to meet business requirements at the least overall cost.
- Develop and maintain a strong market knowledge of applicable commodities within the Retail/ FMCG Industry and support team development using said knowledge
- Building relationships with all key strategic suppliers within the Food and Beverages area
- Creating and executing category strategies and selling this into both new and pre-existing customers for the business
- Positive persuasion, influencing and negotiation skills
- Experience of building a category strategy and selling into the customer needs
- Strong Communication and Interpersonal relationships skills
- Solid category management experience within the Retail/ FMCG/ Hospitality/ Catering sector
- Proven people management experience
If you are a Procurement Professional with a solid background within the Food and Beverages category and are looking for a new challenge, or perhaps a step up into a management role, then please apply today.