Client Procurement Manager
Do you have the interpersonal skills and proven commercial acumen to deliver industry leading client procurement services across HR and Learning & Development (L&D) related procurement solutions for private & public sector clients?
If you can work with internal stakeholders & external customers to challenge the status quo and bring about change through creating & delivering innovative solutions to deliver cost savings and process improvement & efficiencies whilst putting the Customer first, then this is the role for you.
Working closely with the Head of Customer Procurement in a small client facing procurement team, as Client Procurement Manager you have responsibility to:
- Deliver high quality and competitive Learning and Development solutions for our clients.
- Ensure internal and external customers and suppliers are delighted and all KPIs and SLAs are met or exceed and all Bids, Catalogues and feedback is presented.
- Support the delivery of business initiatives by providing subject matter expertise in the support of client facing teams.
- Support the development of Procurement Officers (title to be potentially reviewed) with a focus on specialist areas including coaching and mentoring.
- Support the knowledge development of the learning market for Client facing teams via direct training and facilitation of Supplier engagement workshops.
- Develop client specific programmes to drive efficiencies, running Demand Management, Process Improvement and Value Improvement initiatives.
- Inform the pipeline of procurement needs for Supplier Management to complete.
- Set procurement savings / improvement targets with client Procurement.
- Establish pipeline plans for client Procurement to show how targets will be met.
- Influence Client Procurement to use standard, best practice processes rather than developing their own bespoke requirements.
- Contribute in the delivery of client savings in line with expectations / targets.
- Ensure customer expectations are met and/or exceeded as tracked via Satisfaction survey results.
- Work in collaboration with client procurement teams to ensure a high quality of service and act as a point of escalation for clients.
- Support in taking ownership for the learning and development of peers within the client facing teams, enabling them to manage RFX responses, client procurement visibility and opportunity identification.
- Develop strong partnership relationships with key Client Procurement teams.
- Support in the development of Client specific insight reports, including category strategies to impact spend.
- Support the Head of Customer Procurement in the creation a client perception of procurement as a value-added service through increase of strategic input as measured by NPS.
- Ensure that client escalations, audits, complaints and requests are managed professionally and effectively.
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- Strong procurement experience
- Experience of managing difficult conversations and negotiations
- Influencing peers & line managers across the business
- Experience within a customer service environment
- Experience of effective management of multiple customer requirements in a procurement sector
- High transaction volume service business with multiple Supplier relationships and commercial models
- Proven proficiency in prioritising critical customer issues and managing workflow.
- Ability to understand and act on the key metrics and business drivers
- Strong commercial acumen
- Full Driving License with business travel required to perform the role
This is very client focussed role and a great opportunity to be part of and influence transformation and change across HR & Learning Services customer procurement. You will help support and build best in class capabilities, processes and solutions for your clients – building robust relationships and innovative solutions in a cost savings targeted environment. You can be based out of our client’s offices in either Reading or Birmingham - business travel required.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.
Apply for Client Procurement Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly