Commercial Governance Manager
Are you seeking a role where you will provide advice and guidance on the management and mitigation of commercial and business risk through the adoption of best practice approaches? If so, then this could be the career move you are looking for.
Our client, a prominent & highly commercial Public Sector services organisation in London is looking to appoint a Commercial Governance Manager with a good understanding of governance issues relating to high–value commercial projects.
As a key member of the Commercial Operations Team, you will be responsible for the development and continual improvement of appropriate, efficient and effective systems, processes and tools across the Commercial Cycle to enable and drive compliance and consistency across all commercial activities.
- Ability to create simple guidance from complex and often fragmented processes
- Highly efficient communicator who can work with a range of stakeholders to develop and implement best practice commercial processes and documentation
- Able to work under own initiative, with a determination to deliver to deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, ability to engage successfully with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Open minded and a good listener (to understand needs) but also persuasive and influential
- Extremely competent user of Microsoft Packages - Word, Excel and Power Point with the ability to lead on best practice policy, templates and guidance to a professional standard
- A thorough understanding of EU Public Contracts Regulations
- Understanding of eProcurement systems ideally Oracle
Knowledge and Experience:
- A good understanding of the internal governance process in similar public sector organisation
- Demonstrable success in developing and implementing Commercial and Procurement infrastructure, including defining and implementing process and policies
- Experience of implementing and training commercial staff in best practice process, policy and documentation in an organisation
- Experience/knowledge of Oracle or other ERP systems
- Experience of working at senior levels with internal and external stakeholders
- Good change management skills coupled with analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Have an understanding and appreciation of responsible and sustainable procurement
- A good understanding of commercial contract law
- Previously held a position in a commercial role in either the Public or Private sector.
- Graduate/Post qualification. BA desirable
- MCIPS/IACCM Advantageous
Due to Security Vetting, all candidates MUST be eligible to work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the last 3 years.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.