Procurement Manager, Development | Innovative Retailer | Southampton
Looking for your next career move in Procurement in Hampshire? Wanting to stretch yourself and work in an innovative, dynamic, greenfield role? Have evidence of continually improving procurement process and the ability to bring people on a journey? If these statements speak to you, then please read on.
This organisation is a world leader, known for their ability to do things differently as much for their distinctive brand and quirky advertising. In this role will have an international remit to ensure all necessary procurement infrastructure requirements are in place and maintained to deliver enhanced procurement capability, drive consistency and leverage the scale of Procurement across the business. This role will be responsible translating and implementing Procurement strategy into tangible initiatives to deliver enhanced procurement activity across the company.
The business has thought long and hard about the scope of the role and some of the edited highlights are below:
- Support the Head of Procurement Services to establish an efficient and effective Procurement operations solution
- Provide thought leadership on procurement operations to include policy, process and technologies.
- Creating best practice procurement techniques to deliver operations that are efficient, controlled and scalable globally. Determine the optimum way to deploy within the business.
- Working with ‘enabling’ business functions to define policy and set a governance framework including data quality standards. Ensure key metrics are established, monitored and measured.
- Influence the broader organisation and key stakeholders of procurement, enabling collaborative working to improve overall performance of processes. This will take place across all territories and include the procurement team, business leaders, all support functions, partners and suppliers.
Cost Efficiency Programme
- Support the Head of Procurement Services develop and lead the cost efficiency programme environment by creating and leading an efficiency programme environment that is robust, simple and effective for our stakeholders
- Support the Head of Procurement Services to identify Procurement best practice and new ways of working to deliver continued high performance for the business. Influencing early adoption to enhance overall performance of individuals, the Procurement team, business function and other key stakeholders.
Still interested - I’m not surprised. So, they’ll want you to have some of the following skills to bring to the organisation:
o Experience in setting up procurement infrastructure including policies, procedures and technology in a large scale multinational environment
o Subject matter expert and demonstrates deep understanding of the value of procurement
o Networks internally and externally to acquire and implement great ideas
o Stakeholder focus – strives to exceed expectation, enable stakeholder to understand and leverage the full value of procurement
o Delivers results with pace and removes complexity
o Ability to engage and clearly articulate direction, plans and opportunities to a broad range of stakeholders
o Able to impact and influence category, contract and sourcing strategies
o Operated in a relatively autonomous management / leadership role
If you can see yourself harnessing Artificial Intelligence, utilising automation and robotics or even blockchain, then this greenfield role could be just the opportunity you’ve been looking for. Please send you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01962 869 838 for a confidential chat.