The RFU is currently on a journey to adopt plc standards across the organisation and as such, a Procurement and Supply Chain function has been established to lead Procurement activity for the business and drive efficiency through supply of print, kit and promotional material to the business both purchased and supplied ex-commercial partners.
We are looking for a Senior Buyer to work with budget holders across the organisation to run tenders and purchasing projects challenging the status quo and generating financial and organisational efficiency improvements.
An important element of the role will be in leading the business to follow the correct processes and compliance with the policies in place.
The role holder will need to work autonomously and manage all aspects of the Procurement process, and support management or development of the Procurement systems in place.
Skills and Experience:
- Significant buying experience 5 + yrs – (with some ideally in a live / event driven environment.)
- Experience of managing or developing spend categories
- CIPS qualified
- Proven purchasing skills within a category management environment
- Purchasing systems experience – using, implementing, development
- Strong team player; collaborative in style, actively seeks partnership with colleagues to achieve shared results.
- Results driven; thrives on challenge; action-orientated and pragmatic in approach; flexible when needed.
- Able to balance multiple priorities against exacting deadlines and remain focused
- Sound commercial judgment and decision making capability.
To find out more about this opportunity and life at the RFU, please visit www.growtherose.co.uk.
The RFU also offers competitive benefits, a culture built on solid core values and an opportunity to join an organisation that is extremely dedicated and passionate about the work that they do.
The game of Rugby has always been defined by its inherent inclusivity and valuing individual contributions. As such, we strive to create an inclusive workplace by attracting the most talented individuals and welcome all applications regardless of age, gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, disability status or any other dimensions of diversity.
Want to find out more about life at the RFU? Follow our Instagram page englandrugby_growtherose for a behind the scenes look at our people, culture and job opportunities!