Procurement Direct Buyer
5 days left
- CIPS Membership
- CIPS member
Procurement Buyer; upto £40K base (+ Paid overtime and corporate benefits)
Honda of the UK Manufacturing is looking for a number of direct buyer professionals to manage end-to-end procurement within one of our various Purchasing Teams supporting global Civic and Civic Type R production. Now is an exciting time to be joining Honda as the automotive industry adapts in line with ever-advancing technology.
You will be part of the Honda team that has recently delivered the multi-award winning Type R - including Top Gear Magazine’s Car of the Year and Auto Express’ Car of the Year- and Civic to over 90 markets across the globe.
As a successful candidate you will be responsible for negotiating the costs of a specific commodity, focusing on manufacturing best practice, VA/VE and exchange rate analysis etc. You will also produce a clear New Model strategy for responsible commodity, accurate cost reporting and reduction plan for all New Model Design Change gateways.
What Honda can offer you:
As a Buyer you will have the opportunity to make large cost savings in a global business and develop skills to unlock these opportunities. You will work within and industry-leading, engineering business and demonstrate an understanding of how a product/cost is conceived and matured up to mass production start. There will be opportunities to travel to Japan to hone these skills, amongst others and visit the supply base frequently to fully understand their business and build relationships. You will be supported by experienced and dedicated procurement professionals and will be learning skills that are unique and crucial within the Automotive industry. For example; Our attention to detail and continuous improvement programmes often set us apart from other Automotive companies.
- A structured Training and Development plan within the Procurement function, including
- Professional Study aid for the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS).
- • The support of experienced mentor who will guide through this development plan.
- • Opportunities to travel globally to develop your skills and visit Honda Partners and Suppliers.
- • A very competitive salary with paid overtime and 25 days’ holidays as well as:
o Private Medical Care
o Private Medical Care
o Discount Vouchers
o Medical and Dental Plan
o Generous Pension Scheme
o Childcare Vouchers
o Generous discount on all Honda products
o Annual Bonus
o Access to the company car scheme after 12 months (at certain grades)
To be considered for the position of Procurement Buyer, you must have:
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Resilience and ability to work under pressure (on occasion!)
- Direct category purchasing, procurement and/or buyer experience
- Ability to provide clear and regular cost reporting to Senior Management
- Previous purchasing experience at Buyer level within a fast-paced automotive or similar manufacturing environment
- Ability to manage individual tasks in line with specific deadlines. Self-management and daily completion is key.
- Be able to analyse data, input data into structured XL sheets and interpret data to ensure correct input.
- Be detail orientated and always looking for continuous improvement.
It would advantageous to have:
- Degree in Business related function
- CIPS qualification or working towards
- Understand and apply the tools and techniques to close cost gaps and achieve value for money whilst maintaining supplier relationships
- Understanding of how a cost of manufactured part is derived (key cost drivers).
About Honda of the UK Manufacturing
Honda of the UK Manufacturing Ltd is a fully integrated car manufacturing plant that currently produces over 160,000 units per year. The Swindon-based factory is the global production hub for the 10th generation Civic, with a new vehicle rolling off the line every 69 seconds. Our passion for automotive engineering originates from Soichiro Honda and his legacy lives on through the Honda brand. It is about being progressive, forward thinking and above all, innovative.
Applicant Privacy Statement
Honda of the UK Manufacturing Limited (“Honda”, “we”) will process your personal data pursuant to your application for employment or engagement with Honda. A full copy of our Applicant Privacy Notice may be accessed at www.hondamanufacturingcareers.co.uk . Your data is collected in order for Honda to comply with legal or contractual obligations or for our business purposes. If you do not provide this information, we will not be able to complete, or effectively analyse and improve, our recruitment process.
Apply for Procurement Direct Buyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly