Together with the full Purchasing team, the successful candidate will create and implement a joined up strategy for many varied commodities to meet the future demand of the company. Directly reporting to the Purchasing Manager, internally liaising with all departments and externally liaising with the Company Supplier base through all forms of communication.
Niftylift Limited is a private UK company, which was founded in 1985 and has achieved sustained sales growth year on year to become one of the world’s leading designers and manufacturers of mobile elevated work platforms. We have a vast sales and dealer export network across over 40 countries worldwide, supported by 400 employees in the UK, based across three centres of excellence manufacturing sites. Please see our website: http://www.niftylift.com/uk
The role offers an opportunity for the right candidate to secure a structured career path into the Professional procurement world on a global basis & requires an enthusiastic, motivated individual who is keen to develop both their professional career to a high level & personally to mature in a dynamic environment requiring interaction on all levels from internal teams, to company Directors/Owners, encompassing foreign travel, supplier visits / Audits & the future implementation/development of on-going business processes.
Dynamic, results driven and with a passion to succeed, the Buyer would be an integral part of the Purchasing department & provide support under a senior role, whilst developing the suppliers within their own portfolio to an ever higher level of achievement. Formulating Procurement Strategy, Supplier Development, benchmarking and internal Metrics also form part of this stimulating and challenging role.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Jointly manage & audit a select approved supplier base on their financial stability, commercial acumen, quality levels & delivery aspects through a formal audit process.
- Develop those vendors who Niftylift can adopt as partners to achieve robust sustainable growth, minimise cost & increase profit. .
- Ensure the Vendor base performance is within contractual agreement & supporting the company expectations of build & production flow line targets.
- Confirm the suppliers have capacity to support current and also future build rates.
- Competitively tender all parts as commodity groups, introduce new suppliers to meet the growth & development of Niftylift, through the NPI project process from conception to implementation into production.
- Provide support through the NPI process to Design/Engineering/Manufacturing & QA departments to implement a successful introduction of new products & technologies into production.
- Drive through & manage the implementation of direct & indirect savings in a cross functional cost reduction project.
- Assist in the negotiation & implementation of supply contracts for various commodity groups to mitigate any risks to the company
- Support the change management process, and the sample approval receipt of components to meet both production, commercial & Quality objectives.
- Ensure that all parts are correctly entered into ERP/MRP with the necessary procurement parameters & cost data.
- Research globally for new opportunities & technologies which may be able to offer new innovative products & solutions in support of the Company’s products.
This not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation, this may include training and mentoring colleagues.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Familiarity with MRP / ERP systems would be beneficial however not essential
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Suite of applications in excel - using formulae & VLOOKUP
- CIPS Level 3 or currently undertaking CIPS
In return, we offer a competitive salary 25 days holiday which increases with service plus bank holidays, healthcare cover scheme, 4% contributory pension and death in service / life insurance.
Basic hours are 08:00 to 16:30 hours.
If you are an experienced Buyer and meet the criteria above, please apply by sending your CV and Covering Letter (including expected package) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Buyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Purchasing, supply (main) Production & Operations Buyer jobs in £30,000 - £39,999
- Buying Production & Operations Buyer jobs in £30,000 - £39,999
- Contracts Production & Operations Buyer jobs in £30,000 - £39,999
- Procurement Production & Operations Buyer jobs in £30,000 - £39,999
- Supply chain Production & Operations Buyer jobs in £30,000 - £39,999