The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the maintenance and future development of Niftylift’s supplier base. The role requires an enthusiastic individual who is keen to develop both professionally & personally.
Niftylift Limited is a private UK company, which was founded in 1985 and has achieved sustained sales growth year on year to become one of the world’s leading designers and manufacturers of mobile elevated work platforms. We have a vast sales and dealer export network across over 40 countries worldwide, supported by 400 employees in the UK, based across three centres of excellence manufacturing sites. Please see our website: http://www.niftylift.com/uk
The Commodity Manager will provide leadership on the development of the current supplier base using proven processes and techniques to achieve a world class supply base. The successful candidate must be able to drive forward suppliers & internal customers alike to greater success.
They will research globally for new suppliers, new opportunities & technologies which may be able to offer new innovative products & solutions in support of Niftylift’s market leading products.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Together with the purchasing team create & implement a joined up commodity strategy for the future;
- Develop, maintain & audit a select approved primary supplier base on their financial stability, commercial acumen, quality levels & delivery aspects;
- Develop those vendors who Niftylift can adopt as partners for the future of both parties to achieve robust sustainable growth;
- Ensure the Vendor base performance is within contractual agreement & supporting the company expectations of build & production targets.to achieve the flow line production targets;
- Competitively tender all parts as commodity groups, introduce new suppliers to meet the growth & development of Niftylift, through the NPI project process from conception to implementation into production;
- Provide support through the NPI process to Design/Engineering/Manufacturing & QA departments to implement a successful introduction of new products & technologies into production;
- Drive through & manage the implementation of direct & indirect savings in a cross functional cost reduction project;
- Conduct regular supplier development meetings/projects in line with the Group needs for a World class supplier base;
- Lead the negotiation & implementation of supply contracts for various commodity groups to mitigate any risks to Niftylift;
- Support the change management process, and the sample approval receipt of components to meet both production, commercial & Quality objectives;
- Ensure that new parts have all the necessary suppliers, commodity and cost data set correctly in ERP/ MRP;
- Identify and validate areas of opportunity, follow through to implementation the necessary purchasing activities to meet Niftylift’s strategic plans;
- Review best practices world wide in order to develop a professional & efficient purchasing organisation.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role and the organisation’s overall business objectives, this may include the training and mentoring of colleagues.
Qualifications & Experience:
- CIPS Level 4;
- Proven experience of designing / implementing supply chain strategies & the development of an established suppler base in a relevant position;
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft programmes including applications in excel – using formulae & VLOOKUP.
- Good interpersonal skills, with ability to lead by example;
- Driven character who will develop new skills & progress the company;
- Must have the ability to converse confidently at all levels;
- Must have ability to build and maintain relationships and work confidently with people at all levels.
In return, we offer a competitive salary 25 days holiday which increases with service plus bank holidays, healthcare cover scheme, 4% contributory pension and death in service / life insurance.
Basic hours are 08:00 to 16:30 hours.
If you are an experienced Commodity Manager and meet the criteria above, please apply by sending your CV and Covering Letter (including expected package) to email@example.com
More searches like this
- Purchasing, supply (main) Production & Operations Buyer jobs in £30,000 - £39,999
- Buying Production & Operations Buyer jobs in £30,000 - £39,999
- Contracts Production & Operations Buyer jobs in £30,000 - £39,999
- Procurement Production & Operations Buyer jobs in £30,000 - £39,999
- Supply chain Production & Operations Buyer jobs in £30,000 - £39,999