Senior Category Manager (PIPP & EPRR)
Supply Chain Coordination Limited (SCCL) is a newly formed government organisation that acts as the management function within the NHS Supply Chain operating model for the NHS that will deliver savings of £2.4bn back into the frontline by 2023/2024. It will address the current fragmented procurement landscape which leads to widespread price variation in products and lack of consistency of consumables used in the delivery of patient care. Instead it will leverage the buying power of the NHS by identifying the right clinically assured, high quality products at the best value through a more sustainable approach.
SCCL is committed to providing strong commercial capability, a relentless approach to create value, gain competitive advantage and become the strategic procurement partner of choice for the NHS.
Purpose Vision and Values
Purpose: To use the strength of the NHS to get the deals from the supply chain that our patients and public deserve
Vision: We will be an extended range part of Trust procurement teams, working for the NHS. We will collaboratively deliver improved quality and cost of service for our patients and the public.
- The NHS working with the NHS
- Responsive to the changing world around us
- Commercially astute and relentlessly competitive
- Clinically engaged and focused on outcomes
Benefits for the NHS
- Releasing more time for core clinical activities - central sourcing and evidence-based clinical evaluation reduces the need for involvement at Trust level
- Greater NHS clinical involvement in purchasing decisions - clinicians will influence product specifications, clinical criteria, range management and product evaluation, utilising research from GIRFT, HCTED, DWG, ODEP.
- More effective introduction of new products - the new model will support the efficient introduction of new innovative products into catalogue through links with national research bodies and regional networks including AAR, TCO.
- Savings channelled back to frontline services - Trusts will pay less for everyday consumables and equipment releasing funds to support other areas of work.
- Central Service Management - through utilisation of the national procurement organisation services such as deliveries, stock management and managing service disruption can be managed through one team rather than with individual suppliers.
In order to minimise impact for customers, implementation of a new NHS Supply Chain will be via a phased approach throughout 2018/19 helping to provide NHS Trusts, Suppliers, and the current service with time to prepare and continue as business as usual. Once the category towers and enabling services are embedded their strategies will be implemented that will include product optimisation and better value for money.
Background to the Role
The NHS needs to plan for, and respond to, a wide range of incidents and emergencies that could affect health or patient care. These could be anything from extreme weather conditions to an outbreak of an infectious disease or a major transport accident. The Civil Contingencies Act (2004) requires NHS organisations, and providers of NHS-funded care, to show that they can deal with such incidents while maintaining services. This Programme of work is referred to in the health community as emergency preparedness, resilience and response (EPRR). The Pandemic Influenza Preparedness Programme (PIPP) Programme is to ensure that the UK is well prepared to respond effectively to a pandemic, by employing a range of measures in advance of and during a pandemic to mitigate its impact on health and care services.
The Pandemic Influenza Preparedness Programme (PIPP) & Emergency Preparedness, Resilience and Response (EPRR) programmes will be managed and executed through NHS Supply Chain on behalf of Public Health England, NHS England, the Department of Health & Social Care and other bodies and/or parties as appropriate.
As a result of resource changes throughout the process of building the SCCL and establishing the new Operating Model we have a requirement for a Senior Category Tower Managers to manage the Pandemic Influenza Preparedness Planning (PIPP) and Emergency Planning Response (EPRR). We are looking for an experienced professional who can inject fresh and innovative ideas into the service whilst leading and managing their team to deliver a high level of service.. The Senior Category Tower Managers will be critical in the development and success of this new team being established in Nottingham.
If successful, you will join one of the largest transformation programmes in the UK, during an extremely exciting part of the journey – as they begin to implement and bed in their vision.
This is a unique opportunity to join a newly launched procurement ‘Centre of Excellence’, providing the opportunity to make a real difference to the way the NHS procures its services and supplies, and ultimately a lasting difference to people’s lives.
The post holder will be responsible for ensuring that the procurement obligations of the PIPP stock pile are met. Specifically to ensure that the consumable PIPP stock pile and EPRR programme are fulfilled. The quantities of the PIPP stock pile are determined by the NHS BSA and Public Health England. The post holder will be supported by an Assistant Category Manager.
We would like to explore these opportunities with innovative procurement professionals who are able to demonstrate:
- An excellent commercial awareness, relentless customer focus and the agility and flexibility to flourish in an ambiguous and growing landscape
- Significant contract / category management experience with strong stakeholder and supplier management skills, and the ability to influence at senior level
- Experience of working in a procurement capacity, either in the public or private sector. Previous experience of working in a healthcare / medical environment would be advantageous but is not mandatory
- Broad-based, transferable procurement skills and experience with the ability to apply these to a new product or service category with ease
- Strong people management skills and experience in building teams and embedding culture
Apply for Senior Category Manager (PIPP & EPRR)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly