SENIOR IT CATEGORY MANAGER
My client is a market leading consultancy looking for a senior category manager within IT procurement to join their successful and expanding team. This award winning company thrive on the highest calibre of procurement candidates, where excellence and knowledge are not only ever present, they are essential.
The ideal candidate will have a history of building strong and sustainable relationships with suppliers, whilst constantly reviewing and producing cost conscious approaches. The role will involve proactive identification of opportunities for cost reduction and performance improvement across procurement projects.
This procurement role will involve:
- Focusing the sourcing activity on the areas of most value to the business in terms of spend and service provision
- Working closely with the other IT Procurement Managers and outsourcing to ensure opportunities are realised with common suppliers and commodity areas
- Working jointly with the outsourcing, technology consulting and IT managers to plan and forecast future buying requirements for FTSE 250 clients
- Reducing costs through creative and cost reduction opportunities
The following procurement skills are required:
- Track record of developing procurement strategies related to software licensing, IT services, data warehousing and hardware.
- In depth knowledge of IT procurement, hardware and software
- Experience of strategic sourcing and proven ability to work in a logical and thorough manner
- A track record of achieving cost savings and improvements in customer service
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Previous procurement consultancy experience is a strong preference
- The ability to work proactively within a team environment
This is role offers an exciting opportunity to join an award winning procurement function. Along with improving your skillset and gaining exposure to the wider market you will be given immediate responsibility over a significant multi million pounds procurement spend.