A new Procurement team has been established in the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) to lead on complex, strategic, high-value and high-profile procurements.
The team comprises a small energetic group of staff leading change on procurement and commercial management across MHCLG. We are a customer focused group working with service users, Ministers, policy groups, suppliers and arms length bodies.
We support the Department deliver its key responsibilities which are:
• driving up housing supply
• increasing home ownership
• devolving powers and budgets to boost local growth in England
• supporting strong communities with excellent public services
Two roles are available to develop and implement robust commercial models through which we deliver policy and grant funds and to ensure appropriate implementation of Procurement Policy Notes. The roles will also be invaluable in helping the new team to embed clear processes and ways of working internally, and with Government's shared service Providers, namely the Crown Commercial Service (CCS). The successful candidates will have a broad commercial remit and the freedom to manage delivery of strategically important activities across the Department working with stakeholders at all levels. The work will be varied and include running complex procurements, devising new commercial models, scrutinising business cases, and ‘triaging’ requirements for subsequent delivery by CCS.
You and your staff will also play a key role in helping the Department to improve its commercial performance and capability. In particular, the post will be responsible for overseeing categories and undertaking major project work which could originate from Housing, Planning and/or ICT departments. Examples of projects include Service Concession arrangements for Tenancy Deposit Schemes, Right to Buy Agents and Neighbourhood Planning and Building Safety Solutions.
More information can be found on the Civil Service Jobs site
More searches like this
- Buying Public Sector Specialist jobs in £50,000 - £59,999
- Contracts Public Sector Specialist jobs in £50,000 - £59,999
- Procurement Public Sector Specialist jobs in £50,000 - £59,999
- Supply chain Public Sector Specialist jobs in £50,000 - £59,999
- Category management Public Sector Specialist jobs in £50,000 - £59,999