Indirect Procurement Specialist
Indirect Procurement Specialist - Market Leading Medical Research Organisation - Surrey/London - £35,000 - 45,000 + Benefits + CIPS sponsorship
This privately funded medical research organisation is dedicated to improving human health across the UK, making significant progress in the fight against disease since their establishment 50 years ago. Such an important mission requires high-performing support functions to maximise the organisation's reach and impact.
In recognition of this, the organisation is launching a procurement transformation initiative to develop a strategic Procurement & Supplier Management service for key business functions, resulting in the creation of this Indirect Procurement Specialist position.
As Indirect Procurement Specialist you will:-
- Lead the sourcing and contracting of goods and services across indirect procurement categories (Soft and Hard Facilities, Construction, Maintenance, Travel, Marketing, Events, HR)
- Implement best-practice procurement and supplier management procedures, strategies and systems to maximise value and increase performance
- Collaborate with the Head of Procurement to drive the strategic procurement agenda, working proactively with the budget holders to ensure resources are efficiently managed
- Manage the end-to-end tender process (from market & supplier analysis to contract award) for key service contracts in collaboration with the Head of Facilities, Head of Building Operations, Finance, Legal & Project Managers
- Build effective supply chain relationships in order to leverage spend, reduce cost, mitigate commercial and legal risk and add value
- Champion continuous improvement and procurement best practice to instil a high-performance culture
Required qualifications & experience:-
- 2-3+ years Procurement / Strategic Sourcing / Category Management experience, with a CV that details commercial achievements (cost savings & avoidance, risk mitigation, supplier relationship and performance improvement, stakeholder engagement)
- Indirect category experience
- Degree qualified & CIPS studying professionals preferred though not essential
To find out more and apply please send your CV to jobsAV@bramwithconsulting.co.uk or directly through this page.
Key skills: procurement, strategic procurement, greenfield procurement, indirect procurement, strategic sourcing, category management, FM Procurement, MCIPS, business partnering, stakeholder management, supplier relationship management, purchasing, people management, leadership, commercial management, project management, eProcurement, contract management, negotiation, Facilities Management
To keep up to date with all the latest procurement jobs, follow our twitter feed at http://www.twitter.com/BramwithProcure