A new Procurement team has been established in the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) to lead on complex, strategic, high-value and high-profile procurements.
The team comprises a small energetic group of staff leading change on procurement and commercial management across MHCLG. We are a customer focused group working with service users, Ministers, policy groups, suppliers and arms length bodies.
We support the Department deliver its key responsibilities which are:
• driving up housing supply
• increasing home ownership
• devolving powers and budgets to boost local growth in England
• supporting strong communities with excellent public services
A role exists to support development and implementation of robust commercial models through which we deliver policy and grant funds. The role will also be invaluable in helping the new team to embed clear processes and ways of working internally, and with shared service Providers, namely the Crown Commercial Service (CCS). The successful candidate will be involved in a number of key projects and manage delivery of important contractual and spend activities across the Department working with stakeholders at all levels. The work will be varied and include supporting large, complex procurements and running smaller, niche procurements, driving saving initiatives, ‘triaging’ requirements for subsequent delivery by CCS and an understanding of contract management.
You will also play a key role in helping the Department to improve its commercial performance and capability. In particular, the post will be responsible for supporting the technology category. Examples of requirements that your stakeholders may have, include development of bespoke grant management systems, data collection systems and modernisation of the Departments corporate technology (standard desktop systems).
More information can be found on the Civil Service Jobs site
More searches like this
- Buying Public Sector Specialist jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Contracts Public Sector Specialist jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Procurement Public Sector Specialist jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Supply chain Public Sector Specialist jobs in £40,000 - £49,999
- Category management Public Sector Specialist jobs in £40,000 - £49,999