Interim Senior Project Manager x 4 -
We have a Public Sector client based in Salisbury, Wiltshire who are looking for 4 Interim Senior Project Managers on a contract that will run until August 2020. This role is INSIDE IR35 with a maximum day rate of £535 on offer. Candidates applying must have or be willing to undergo SC Clearance if successful.
Key Tasks & Deliverables:
Working for the UK Government's Science and Technology organisation your role will be to build and manage a cohesive team to ensure the effective delivery of Defence projects. We require motivated Project Managers to lead and task our project teams and engage with relevant stakeholders.
You'll also be responsible for:
- Managing the project finances, delivery and all project assurance activities
- Developing, planning, and implementing a project, whilst delivering the desired outputs to time, cost and quality.
- Defining the project’s governance framework including a monitoring and control regime, stakeholder engagement and issue management, quality and assurance, information management and resource allocation Identifying, managing and mitigating the project risks
- Ensuring the appropriate capabilities are employed in the execution of the project, working closely with line managers.
- Tasking and managing external contracts, including engaging with relevant commercial officers
- Establishing, maintaining and controlling project documentation and management information
- Adapting plans to meet changing customer, capability and business requirements and priorities
- Defining tasks and success criteria, working closely with relevant technical leads
- Ensuring that the project follows DSTL’s policies and processes
- Engaging with relevant customers and stakeholders (both internal and external).
- A strong track record in project planning, leadership and delivery.
- An ability to demonstrate recent successful delivery of the full project life cycle, including quality assurance and financial planning and management.
- Evidence of Project control and reporting.
- Clear and confident written and verbal presentation skills, able to covey messages to a variety of audiences.
- Evidence of forming effective relationships across technical and functional boundaries.
- A solid track record in managing complex and sensitive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Confident user of MS Project.
- Experience of working in a Defence setting including industry, the MOD, the armed forces or Defence agencies.
- Project Management qualifications
- Membership of appropriate professional body
DSTL – ALL DSTL POSTS ARE RESERVED POSTS, Due to the nature of the work and site only UK Nationals will be considered for the role, Due to security requirements Duel Nationals will not be eligible.