Senior Category Manager
Are you looking for a role where you provide commercial advice to stakeholders managing strategic bottleneck categories, and supporting a Contract Management team in the management of Strategic contracts? If so, this opportunity is not to be missed.
Our client, a prominent & highly commercial Public Sector services organisation in London is looking to appoint a Senior Category Manager who will develop category strategies and deliver sourcing requirements within Commercial Services, as part of the team supporting business as usual and project activities.
In this role you will provide a procurement service which delivers demonstrable value for money and compliant goods and services contracts as part of a team of procurement professionals on larger procurement activities. You will develop stakeholder relationships, enabling early engagement and challenging business demand and need. You will also mentor and provide guidance to junior members of the team as well as deputising for the Head of Category if required.
- Highly effective communicator who can work with a range of senior stakeholders and senior managers.
- A good level of understanding across category discipline and the ability to work with diverse groups of stakeholders.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent time management and delegation skills.
- Excellent written & oral communication and interpersonal skill. Open minded and a good listener (to understand differing needs) but also persuasive and influential at a senior level.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to deal with complaints/escalations and bring to a successful conclusion.
Knowledge & Experience:
- A successful career in procurement with strong category management experience with demonstrable achievements centred of best value and efficiency via leading edge category solutions
- A comprehensive understanding EU Procurement Legislation (Public Contract Regulations and Defence and Security Public Contract Regulations.
- Ideally MCIPS qualified or working towards.
Due to Security Vetting, all candidates MUST be eligible to work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the last 3 years.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details to email@example.com or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.
More searches like this
- Purchasing, supply (main) Public Sector Specialist jobs in £50,000 - £59,999
- Buying Public Sector Specialist jobs in £50,000 - £59,999
- Contracts Public Sector Specialist jobs in £50,000 - £59,999
- Procurement Public Sector Specialist jobs in £50,000 - £59,999
- Category management Public Sector Specialist jobs in £50,000 - £59,999