Principal Contracts Manager (ICT contracts)
2 days left
- CIPS Membership
- CIPS member
As the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) continues to rapidly grow in size so does our Business Service ICT needs. We are therefore seeking a skilled ICT Contracts Manager to secure continuous improvement in service provision, ensuring contracts deliver value for money, whilst minimising operational risk.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial and Procurement, the Principal Contracts Manager will provide proactive and professional supplier and contract management for Business Services ICT related contracts. The post holder will be responsible for the end-to-end contract management process, placing requirements to contract and then managing performance. This will involve developing sourcing and procurement strategies in line with Government Commercial Function professional standards, and building effective relationships with both the CMA’s suppliers and key stakeholders to ensure that the services continue to meet CMA’s needs.
More generally, as a Principal member of a small Commercial Team, the post holder will play a key role in delivering a programme of commercial transformation and in supporting broader commercial activity across the CMA where business priority requires.
The successful applicant will be able to provide evidence and examples for each of the following selection criteria in their application:
- Professionally qualified (CIPS) with extensive knowledge and experience of commercial contracting and contract management with specific experience of business services and ICT.
- Leading implementation of commercial transformation initiatives. Strong knowledge and experience of contract and supplier management in relevant areas.
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and with limited support and supervision.
- Leading the development of effective commercial strategies and category management plans that drive improved service delivery and value for money.
- Leading commercial delivery in relevant projects in comparable organisations.
For full details about this role and the benefits of working at the CMA, please click on the apply button.
Closing date:20 August 2018 at 11:59pm
The CMA are an equal opportunities employer and we recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles.